Red Color???

soapnmomma

I am wanting to make some candycane scented CP soap and want to add red swirls. I know red is one of the most wanted colors in soaping. I have seen beautiful soap pics with lovely swirls of red in the B&B gallery pics so I know red in soap is possible. The only colors that I can find mentioned for achieving a red color when I search the forums are celestial colors and neon micas, the rest that I find mentioned I have tried. Which neon mica and which celestial color would you suggest? I have never tried those before. Would it be the cherry celestial color that produces red? I have tried hot mama, tomatoe red, neon red, and soft red from TKB, red oxide, and true red colorant without much success. They all are like brick reds. If I had not seen the beautiful red swirls in several photos in the gallery I would think it was not possible but now I am on a mission...need me some red swirls, lol...

Thanks for any suggestions...

Thank you Barbara AL, your soaps are soooo pretty! I have seen many beautiful soaps by you in the B&B Gallery. I like the red color you acheived in your Christmas soap. Can I ask you how much of the Merlot Mica you used to obtain the red color that you got?

I have never used the Ruby Red Peacock dye either. Anyone tried that before? Looks like these 2 colorants are on my list to order. I have tried many others with no success willing to try any suggested!

Thank You