Monkey Farts

EricofAZ

Ok, so this banana / tropical fruit blend seems to be pretty popular. Several FO companies have it in the top 3 or at the top of their most requested charts.

I came across it at the .99 store in an A&E Oils bottle. It smelled medicinal but the second purchase did smell like banana.

My co-workers think it is a joke and just laugh and laugh and laugh when I mention that it is one of the most popular selling fragrances.

Apparently, it was so named and designed to get little boys to take a bath and use soap.

So, true confessions now.....

Who here has ever made anything with Monkey Farts?

I tried- to me it smells like the pink bubble gum antibiotics kids get. Medicinal is a good adjective. I have been ordering from a couple suppliers now and I am hoping to find one that is more banana and fruity like because I think the name itself can make it a best seller. or not? :confused:

If your coworkers think Monkey Farts is a joke wonder what they would say about Reindeer Poo or Sex on the Beach?

BTW-- I wouldn't go by the OOB scent of some oil purchased at a dollar store. Yikes! It must stink. Get a decent sample from a refutable supplier that was made for using in candle wax.

If your coworkers think Monkey Farts is a joke wonder what they would say about Reindeer Poo or Sex on the Beach?

BTW-- I wouldn't go by the OOB scent of some oil purchased at a dollar store. Yikes! It must stink. Get a decent sample from a refutable supplier that was made for using in candle wax.

Plus the oils you get at a dollar store are cut & not suitable for making candles/tarts with.

I use JS Monkey Business and honestly I sell more in air fresheners than in candles. Everyone however has to smell the candle just to see what a monkey fart smells like and almost everyone likes the scent, but, it's not a big seller in candles for me... maybe people in KY just don't like Money Farts... maybe I should get one called Horse Shit and they'd fall all over it since we are the Derby State.... lmao:laugh2:

I love the one from Berts, it smells so great in soy. I am going to make a batch of HP soap today and try it out in that. I would have NEVER tried it, if it weren't for a CT friend sending me some tarts made with it and fell in love. I haven't tried it from any other supplier but this one is great to me IMHO.

I use NG's and it sells like crazy! During the Fall/Winter, I narrow down my scents to bring in the holidays ones...MF has to be the one fruity summery one that sells all year long. I love NG's and have excellent throw in 464 soy, and ecosoya. I like it on its own, but tweek it just a little with a tad of strawberry jam from BC and NG's fresh picked peach. Just a hit of each. This mellows out that medicinal smell, and when it burns...you always smell something different.

I have this scent from both Berts and NG. I do not find the NG to be medicinal at all, just very very heavy on passionfruit. People love it, and I have not seen anyone else in Australia making this scent, at least not in the areas I have been in.

At one of our recent parties, we had some tarts in both the Berts and NG varieties and all of the people there preferred NG over Berts, so I guess that is one that I wont be changing out.

Tracy absolutely hates the scent, but the kids and I, as well as a large nnumber of our customers love it :)