Glades Scented Rocks

ladysj

The dendritic salt you mix with the FO to make the scent last longer. I mix those two together, than add it to the rock salt. I haven't tried coloring them yet. I have some candle dye but not sure yet if it'll work. Need to try that out!

What I did make, I added Mica for color and with one batch, that was not colored, I used gold glitter. I used a purple candle dye once and it turned brown so I thought mica would not change like a liquid would. Mind you, none of these were made with the dendritic salt and were only a couple ounces each. I also rinsed the sea salt before using cause it looks so much better. But I really think they are a good ideal in certain areas. I did see where a lot of suppliers have the salt, now to get the best price with shipping.

I did a search for dendritic salt, and all I kept seeing was that it's a very fine grain salt. So that doesn't sound like the chunky crystals needed for this?

From what I've read it is a very fine yet porous salt. So adding a little to sea salt is perfect, it holds the scent and the large crystals are what looks so pretty. You really don't need the larger salt, I guess.

Hi! I just made those rock salts and they turn out very good I use 16 oz of salt rock 1 oz of dendritic salt and 10 mill Apple jack and Peel Peaks

and they smell divine now my question is how can you packaging them to sale:smiley2:

Is that the stuff you throw down on your driveway on ice? Id like to do this just for my home, but I have no clue what the rock salt is or where you would get it. Thanks:yay:

Hi! I just made those rock salts and they turn out very good I use 16 oz of salt rock 1 oz of dendritic salt and 10 mill Apple jack and Peel Peaks

and they smell divine now my question is how can you packaging them to sale:smiley2:

Is that the stuff you throw down on your driveway on ice? Id like to do this just for my home, but I have no clue what the rock salt is or where you would get it. Thanks:yay:

I have seen them packaged at Earthbound Trading Company in the mall with stand up zip lock bag. Similiar to this one from WSP (I am sure there are other suppliers of these bags though).

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CatalogID=9&GroupID=443&CategoryID=793&ProductID=4071&ProductName=Zip+Pouch+-+Black+with+Window

I am not sure if they are the same but I could be wrong.

CountryTartMama

Yup, I just use the good ole salt that we throw on our sidewalks to melt the snow! You can also order some bigger sizes online. Can't remember the name of the company, I just use the ones from the grocery store.. $4 for a 40lb bag... Can't beat that! LOL

CountryTartMama

Yup, I just use the good ole salt that we throw on our sidewalks to melt the snow! You can also order some bigger sizes online. Can't remember the name of the company, I just use the ones from the grocery store.. $4 for a 40lb bag... Can't beat that! LOL

Awesome. thank you. I have a bag sitting in my garage!!!! Im going to go play now. I cant wait!!!:yay::yay:

dendritic salt I don't think you will be able to find locally. It's a really fine salt that you mix with the FO first. It really helps to retain the scent. And it really does make a difference. I didn't have any when I first made these and they seemed to fade quicker. BIG difference now that I use the dendritic salt!

I believe I got mine from Elements. I think WSP sells them also. The dendritic salt REALLY helps the salts keep their scent. Storing in a glass jar helps also.

I like putting mine in a mini potpourri crockpot... mmmm heating them really throws the scent, but unfortunately burns it off pretty quickly so I'll just put a few more drops FO in when I can't smell them anymore.

HTH!!

Laura

Different visual texture, and no heating involved. I'll use this kind of thing during the Summer when I don't want extra heat in my house. And you can tint them. I could see making a little sand (the dendritic salt) and "sea glass" (the rocks) looking set-up out of it.