ETSY or Artfire

Red

Which do you prefer. I am a VERY small business just starting out and broke lol...I am looking for the best choice for basically selling small orders and a place to learn for now. Do you guys have any input on either site?

Also, if you dos ell on these sites do you adjust the price of your products to makeup for the listing fees and paypal fees?

Thanks ladies. Artfire does have a monthly fee though. Like $16 a month for the pro account. Not sure what I should do. I would just do a website but I know nothing about that kinda thing.

Why not do both.

Just start with a basic account with artfire until you get some sales under your belt. That way there is no fee. I am hoping that artfire will continue to improve and they are adding new things for sellers every day. I think it also will take a lot more leg work on your part but in the end it could be well worth it.

I myself like Etsy,..the fee's aren't to bad. I got most of my sales from Ebay, but quit selling there do to the fee's being higher and their "stiffer" buyer protection policy, which allows many dishonest people to get products for free.

Edited by leisa2003

I tried both and I dropped both since they are time consuming and I still sold more off of my own website. I go to shows and markets and I get repeat customers that buy from my website as well as customers that have received gifts of my products.

I feel I wasted a lot of time listing, relisting, updating for few sales. The competition is fierce on those sites and you have to really work it to establish a business.

I started small locally and have slowly expanded over the past few years. Nothing is quick it seems. Interent sales are certainly not where I make my money.