My first whipped soap

JacquiO

hehe nope dont mind - I've seen it on etsy before and never knew how they got the icing so perfect.. it MUST be whipped soap, I cant think of any other way they could have done it except to get to a super thick trace, and then all I could think was that it would take too long.. I cant wait to try it!

Pretty soapies!! my question is how much does your batch 'fluff' up? I usually do 3lb batches but I have this feeling that if I do that I will have quite a bit left over that won't fit into the mold.... true?

yeah, my batch is 42oz and I ended up with probably 60oz in volume, maybe even a bit more. I'm interested to see how much a bar will weigh when I cut this loaf...

oh and they are NOT kidding about pastel being the best you can get, I put twice the mica in this batch as normal and still nothing but pastel colors

Pretty soapies!! my question is how much does your batch 'fluff' up? I usually do 3lb batches but I have this feeling that if I do that I will have quite a bit left over that won't fit into the mold.... true?

Same here. It fluffs up quite a bit. I was afraid is was going to over spill out my bowl when I was whipping it.

My 12 inch log mold holds 44 ounces of oils and I made only 32 ounces of oils and it ended up fitting perfectly in my mold. I had just enough left over to make one extra heart bar out my Wilton mold. I would advise you calculate at least 10oz less than what you would normally use.

I also wanted to add that David Fisher mentioned it really sticks to the molds. Even though I use a liner-free log mold I still lined it with parchment paper. I didn't want to chance it getting stuck or having the soap sides ripped up when I pulled the mold apart.

Edited by JacquiO