Pink sugar fo question

RWV

I did a search and read through the threads about a pink sugar dupe. The ones mentioned most were ICS and Peak's. I was wondering if anyone has tried anyone else's version. I have the ICS version on order. Just poured RE/AH one yesterday, but it was a little weak when test-burning today. It's a true dupe, but just not strong enough (may have to let it set a few days and before re-burn).

Any suggestions on a really STRONG and TRUE dupe of this that has strong throw in candles but is also B&B safe? Thanks all!

I use NG Pink Sugar and it smells fantastic. I haven't found anyone who doesn't like the scent. I have to be honest, I have never smelled the real thing so I"m not sure if it's a true dupe or not, but it is pretty strong. I can put a 2oz. melt in my warmer & smell it on the 2nd floor of my house. There have been comments on their wall about it being a dead on dupe but I can't back those b/c I'm unsure. Hope this helps

i have tried others..but can not remember who's..right now..

i use ICS...it is my favorite...

i use gb 415 soy..and i do have to let it cure longer than normal..but boy is it worth it...

i have also used it in lotions and soap..and it does great..

it does turn dark brown in cp soap..i have tried VS..but did not care for the results..so if you want cp PS soap...i have to be happy with brown soap :)

I am stuck on Daystar's version, it's called Pink Kisses. It was the first one I bought and I liked it so much that I had to seek out a bottle of the perfume to wear (instead of making my own, b/c I am a frag hag!)! It's a true dupe to my nose and I couldn't be happier with the hot and cold throw. Cold throw is a walk into a room where a candle is sitting without a lid on it and you can definitely smell it plus random whiffs of the scent if you're sitting in that same room. Hot throw is equally awesome! I lurve it! :cheesy2:

Edited by mzpickles

Thanks everyone! I got the ICS pink sugar in today--smells strong and true OOB. Will have to pour it this weekend. May order it from Daystar and the Candle Source, too.

Has anyone tried the one from TCS? I usually have good luck with their scents being strong enough in my wax, but haven't tried the pink sugar. His VS pink dupe is dead-on, though.

Thanks again:smiley2:

Scentworks is the strongest, t'is just like ICS but much stronger. But it cost a lot more too...

Sharon, do you use half the amount of the pink sugar from Scent Works? I usually use 8% to 10% in my candles, but that would be really pricey so if I could use half or 3/4 of that amount it would be at least worth getting a sample and trying. Thanks!

I too, use the one from Nature's Garden. I have the original Pink Sugar from Aquolina and it is pretty dead-on. However, I use my fragrances in Bath & body products only, but have been asked to make some tarts in the scent, so I'll see how that goes. But the NG scent seems to have good staying power.

Hi RWV,

I love Nature's Garden Pink Sugar Type - It is awesome in 4794, 6006, and Palm wax. I use anywhere from 6% to 8% in the different waxes based on their FO load ability and I have not had a probelm with scent throw. I also use it in a dry oil body spray and it is my top seller in that product as well. Women really like this scent.

FYI: I do use the Pink Sugar perfume by Aquolina and after multiple types of sniff tests with neighbors, friends and family, no one could smell a difference between the NG Pink Sugar and the Aquolina Pink Sugar.

Hope I did not overload you with too much info - I know how frustrating it can be trying to find the right "dupe". Good luck with your testing!

Traveler

• 1 month later...
Guest PassionSunKiss

I used NG's and everyone has loved it. I wanted to get that fragrance again and ordered the same fragrance from WSP trying to get more for my money, but omg when I opened the bottle it made me almost want to puke. I know NG has a nice, smooth smell of cotton candy along with other fragrances, but WSP's was hardcore cotton candy and nothing else. :shocked2: