Lable Maker?

When I first started making my own labels I got a Label Factory Deluxe program from Staples. It was okay to start out but it was very limited in what it can do. It also claimed to have 1,400+ templates & formats, 30,000+ clip art images, and 500 fonts. What a joke! No way did it have half of what it claimed plus all the clip art was hokey & cartoonish looking and not good quality for what I wanted in my labels.

A much better program is Design Pro from Avery. It is also free so it won't cost you a penny. You can download at Avery.com. I like that it has a lot more templates, more fonts, and a photo/image section that can resize and enhance photos for your labels. Label Factory Deluxe didn't have these features.

I guess it really depends on how coputer savvy you are. If you are good with computers, I would highly reccomend Photoshop. Since you would only be making labels, you can purchase one of the older versions and it would work great. I use Photoshop 7.0 and I design all of my own labels, and label templates, once you learn how to do it, you will never want to use another program.

I guess it really depends on how coputer savvy you are. If you are good with computers, I would highly reccomend Photoshop. Since you would only be making labels, you can purchase one of the older versions and it would work great. I use Photoshop 7.0 and I design all of my own labels, and label templates, once you learn how to do it, you will never want to use another program.

What if your not very computer savvy like me. LOL! I have looked into vista print to make my labels. Very good prices BTW but I'm really just lost as to what to do. I don't want to spend the money just to be confused and spend hours and hours trying to use a program. Is there a quick stress free way to get my labels?

The DesignPro from Avery works very similar to Label Factory only better. Plus its free! It was easy to learn to use it.

I downloaded the free Photoshop trial program to give it a try and didn't get it figured out not did I have time for the tutorials. It can get pricey too so be cautious as you need to invest learning time and money in it before you can use it.

Is there a quick stress free way to get my labels?

When I placed an order at Candlemaker's Store recently, I saw that you can buy printed labels from them. I looked at it since it caught my eye, and it looked really easy: pick out your label, tell them any changes to their suggested text that you want, place order. That may not be the cheapest if you need a ton of labels, but ordering them ready-made like that seems easiest. And if you only need a few it is probably cheapest since you wouldn't be buying software.

I think this has been discussed numerous times with recommendations for other ready-made labels. Did you do a search?

Wow...I didnt know you could use Photoshop to make labels, I have it and never even thought about it, is it hard to do?

I use Label Factory Deluxe 3.0 and find it does fine for me, but my labels are very simple so maybe that is why...lol

• 1 month later...

Personal label printers, also commonly referred to as label makers, are either desktop or hand-held devices that are ideally for the occasional user. They are the least expensive models, but often offer a satisfactory number of features that allow printing different kinds of labels for the home office,label printers are capable of printing great amount of labels continuously,the industrial portable printers are also meant for heavy-duty usage, but are lightweight and very easy to carry and use.

printed lanyards

For those of you that use Design Pro by Avery, how do you find it to be easy? I have been practicing with it for months and can't get it. Maybe I am just dumb lol. I can't figure out how make my lip balm labels. Also when using the shipping label temp I need the label turned vertically and can't figure that out either. Also, How to do anything but plain type of labels and when using the fullsheet temp, it makes everything SO small, I can't tell what size it all is until I print it out...grrrrr