Scentsy Dupe ---- hemingway..........

soapgirl10

Just did a quick search using the keywords apple, cedar, sandalwood, and fragrance. Just By Nature has a FO named Applewood. The description is

The aromatic scents of balsam, sandalwood, and cedar are blended with fresh hand picked apples for a unique fragrance.

Since I haven't smelled either Scentsy's Hemingway or JBN's Applewood I can't say that how similar they are, but it's a starting point.

I don't think of Apples, Cedar and Sandalwood when I hear the name Hemmingway...seems like an odd match for that scent, it does sound like a nice scent tho.

When I hear Hemmingway I think more of Ocean scents, Key West, more tropical. Actual I have been to the Hemmingway house in Key West, it was very interesting, there are alot resident cats that live there and most of them have 5 toes...or is it 6 toes...anyway they have more toes then normal cats. The article below says they are Polydactyl.

Our Cats - HEMINGWAY HOME & MUSEUM

Edited by lsbennis

I don't think of Apples, Cedar and Sandalwood when I hear the name Hemmingway...seems like an odd match for that scent, it does sound like a nice scent tho.

When I hear Hemmingway I think more of Ocean scents, Key West, more tropical. Actual I have been to the Hemmingway house in Key West, it was very interesting, there are alot resident cats that live there and most of them have 5 toes...or is it 6 toes...anyway they have more toes then normal cats. The article below says they are Polydactyl.

Our Cats - HEMINGWAY HOME & MUSEUM

HaHa...Picture dark wood furniture...a mens study..."The Hemingway Collection from Ethan Allen" :laugh2:

It's smells like a warm living room scent to me...like I said the only one I went "mmm" to.

I love 6 toed cats, my friend had one.

• 11 years later...

My husband and I love, love, love this scent!  We have a little place in the country and have this going all the time -  for the last 10 years - and everyone that walks in wants to buy our stash! Sadly, we are close to running out and it is like the best smelling leather, sandalwood, cedar, spice and apply - very rich but subtle fragrance. Someone, somewhere has to have this or they just need to bring it back. Our home wouldn’t have the same ambiance without it!

On 9/10/2021 at 3:02 PM, Hemingway Fragrance said:

My husband and I love, love, love this scent!  We have a little place in the country and have this going all the time -  for the last 10 years - and everyone that walks in wants to buy our stash! Sadly, we are close to running out and it is like the best smelling leather, sandalwood, cedar, spice and apply - very rich but subtle fragrance. Someone, somewhere has to have this or they just need to bring it back. Our home wouldn’t have the same ambiance without it!

Indigo Fragrance has their version of this scent but I'm not sure how close it is to the original. 

• 8 months later...
On 9/10/2021 at 4:02 PM, Hemingway Fragrance said:

Hi there! So I was reading your comment, I’m looking for a dupe for Hemingway too. If this scent ever does come back, let your scentsy consultant know that you want to add it to a scentsy club subscription and you will get this scent forever as long as you keep it in your subscription! I am a consultant so I know about the “always get your bar” perk. My Dear Watson, Route 66 and Vanilla Bourbon are coming back in the Father’s Day collection this year, I thought for sure My Dear Watson was what one of my customers loved! But it was Hemingway lol shoot!