When candle making is like picking cotton!

It's been a busy month, and my wedding planners cleaned me out of tealights, so last week I ordered some from a new supplier for me. They came yesterday and I started opening boxes today. Well...I've never gotten tealights cups packed this way - loose with peanuts!:angry2: Have any of you had to go thru a box of 1000 tealight cups and pick peanuts off and from inside cups? What a pain and I'm not even thru the first box yet! The peanuts are so static-y from rubbing against the plastic... In the past, the suppliers I purchased from put the cups in a plastic bag, with peanuts around the outside of the bag, in the box. I don't know if the good price is worth all the extra effort on these!

Edited by Bernadette

I haven't tried a micro cloth because I have to put my fingers or fingernail inside the cup to get the stuck peanut out of the cup.

I hesitate to say, but these came from Peak. The price was great, the delivery fast(I'm in the 2 day delivery range), and the customer service terrific, but I'm calling them tomorrow about this packaging arrangement. Seriously, this is taking hours to get all the cups out and ready for use when needed. That shouldn't be. And every time you think you have a box with just peanuts left, you rustle the peanuts alittle more and sure enough, there's a couple more cups you didn't see.:mad:

Sounds like somebody at Peaks dropped the ball on this one. I can't imagine tea lite cups being tossed in a box and covered with peanuts. They definitely should have been packaged before being placed in the box. I'd give them a call and tell them.

Well...I just finished taking all the cups out of the first box. All in all, it took between 3 1/2-4 hours! You could only do 1-2 at a time because you got a handful of peanuts with them, had to pick the peanut stuck inside the cup out, shake your hand vigorously to get it off, then pick the static-y ones off the sides of the cup...not to mention the little specs of peanut that were stuck to the sides!:mad: I guess I should be thankful that I opened the boxes before I actually had to use them. I know I'm getting more orders this week so I wanted to be prepared.

I definitely will be calling Peaks tomorrow...I don't have the time or energy to go thru this every time I order, so if this is the norm, I won't be buying there again.

It's been a busy month, and my wedding planners cleaned me out of tealights, so last week I ordered some from a new supplier for me. They came yesterday and I started opening boxes today. Well...I've never gotten tealights cups packed this way - loose with peanuts!:angry2: Have any of you had to go thru a box of 1000 tealight cups and pick peanuts off and from inside cups? What a pain and I'm not even thru the first box yet! The peanuts are so static-y from rubbing against the plastic... In the past, the suppliers I purchased from put the cups in a plastic bag, with peanuts around the outside of the bag, in the box. I don't know if the good price is worth all the extra effort on these!

I had to do that one time. What a PITA that was. What is someone thinking(or not at all) when they do that????

That is the same way I received my tealight cups from Candlewic, but there weren't many peanuts in the box, so I didn't have a problem at all. I don't make the tea lights though, I just give them away with my candles that use tea lights for the nicer effect that the clear tealight holders give my glass embedded candles.

I know...I've never had peanuts like these. I recycle all boxes, peanuts, etc. that I can. The box they sent the cups in is in perfect condition and I wanted to use it, but we can't get the peanuts out! You can turn the box upside down and shake, and the peanuts are static stuck to the sides and bottom. Weird.

When we took the peanuts out of the cups, I put all mine in a trash bag and it took forever because when I put my hand with the peanuts in the bag, they wouldn't come off my hand; so when I shook my hand, the peanuts were repelled by the bag back onto my hand!:laugh2: Now they are so stuck to the inside of the bag, I don't think I'll ever get them out unless I pick them one at a time. Certainly not worth the effort.