WSP getting the message????

mparadise

Did anyone else get the email from WSP this morning? I am thinking that MAYBE they are starting to get the message by seeing a drop in sales....

They dropped their price on some bottles and jars "20-35%" and B&B bases by "10-15%". Hmmm...funny how that seemed to happen after many of us stopped shopping with them because of the crazy price increase/included shipped thing huh?

The couple of things that I quickly spot checked seem a bit more in line. Hopefully this will carry over to other things that are way out there too for those people that are still ordering from them while searching for new suppliers or because they are close enough to pick up.

It doesn't mean I plan on ordering, I just got quite the chuckle out of it. Especially after all the "prices have gone up & we aren't able to absorb those costs anymore" comments prior to the increase/freight included change.

I called them last week inquiring about freight shipping and if the online prices with shipping applied when ordering / shipping bulk on a pallet. They told me if I were to use freight I would receive 25% off the website prices BUT I would have to use my UPS account for the shipping costs. I told them that I would compare pricing from other suppliers with the info they gave me and would get back with them. I bluntly let them know I would rather pay actual shipping costs than have them figure it in - on small and large orders alike ! I get alot of my heavy stuff from them and they did say I could fill a pallet with anything from their site but I would have to call or email the order to them to get around the website pricing. I am hoping everyone complains and they learn to leave their shipping alone.

They still have a long way to go before I will order from them again, the way they do business turns me right off. I have found other suppliers that I am very happy with, suppliers that do not change the prices every other week or jack up the shipping.Suppliers that actually seem to care that I shop with them...

They had a good thing going and got very very greedy... I don't know if they will ever recover from all the greedy underhanded moves, and frankly I don't care..

All these changes in pricing/policies - they're starting to remind me of a certain Mr....

Frankly I need to do business with suppliers on an ongoing basis - I cannot afford the time or money to constantly re-evaluate, so all the changes have put WSP on my "do not buy" list. If they can figure things out and stay solid then I may be able to reconsider, assuming costs are actually down and reasonable and comparable to my other options. But until I am fairly certain the games are over, I'll not waste my energy.

I just took one of my old orders and tried to compare prices. It was a $250 (with shipping) order. I just got done pricing everything and there is nearly a hundred dollar difference!! The new "with shipping" price is $345.90. :shocked2: Holy sheep sh##!! I can't stay in business with prices like that. Everyone is broke these days, and expecting something for nothing--and WSP is trying to charge me nearly double for candle jars now? No thanks.

I got the message, and was excited to see the bottles reduced that I had just ordered mid June. Said 20% reduced. When I checked, they were actually 6% higher than my last order. I emailed them, got some kind of strange answer about the price in June was reduced, so this was the new reduced price. Or something like that.

Actually, the new prices with shipping included helps me out some. so far.

Seems to me that several vendors are not giving the same quality of customer service. The bigger they get, the less impressed I am. Slower turn around times, inconsistent quality of materials. Unclear charges. On and on. It is so hard to make top quality products, with such inconsistency.

When they start seeing a drop in sales, they might revisit their original purpose, to give decent prices, with good quality materials. BCN is another vendor that I am getting very disillushioned with. They keep opening new companies, and the original suffers. I started with them, and was a die hard customer, but where I can, I switch.

But then when I switch to a small, newer company, they go belly up, (Kangaroo Blue). Or stop carrying products I start using. Or are limited with what they offer, and I have to work with more vendors.

Gets to be all too much trouble, some days.