Even Old Soapmakers...

make mistakes. I had weighed out all my oils for 6 batches of soap. 4 of which were to be made last nite.

So I weigh out all my lye and add it to each individual pitcher of water. That worked!

I got all my molds ready. Got my FOs and Colors.

Batch #1--Grabbed the first bucket of warmed oils and soaped away. Scented with Pear Glace from CS. Perfect!

No A Not sure of the D since I colored it a Pear color. We shall see in time.

Batch #2--Grabbed the next bucket added the FO. Added the lye water. Added the color. PERFECT!!!

Poured it into my 2" dia PVC pipe. Put a baggie on the top and set it aside. (scented Scarlet Moon from MW)

Batch #3--Repeat of batch #2 with the exception of the FO & Color. Dang! I'm on a roll. (scented Harvest Moon from MW)

Batch #4--Large batch of Oats, Goats & Bees. Honey and GMP already added. Just had to add the Oats.

Ground up the oats. Added my Lye water to my oils and BAM! Bright Tomato Soup Red. :shocked2:

At this point though I have already committed so I may as well finish! Got to thick trace and added my oats.

Poured into the mold. Yeah the oils were a bit warmer than they should've been. ooppss! Oh well, threw it in the oven and hoped for the best.

Now I have all these soapy buckets all over the place. I get them all together so that I can wash them this evening when I got home from work.

As I am moving my soap recipes from atop some buckets that I had setting on my table, I notice something.

On the top of each bucket, I always put what it is for and what I have already added so I don't add it again.

LOW and BEHOLD.....

The tops of the 2 buckets had HARVEST MOON EMBED and SCARLET MOON EMBED!:angry2:

In my bright and infinite wisdom, I grabbed the WRONG freakin' buckets. I grabbed the ones for the

ACTUAL soap and not the EMBEDS!:(

So least to say the 2 PVC pipes are 45% superfatted with a 59% water discount!:laugh2:

I'm gonna attempt to rebatch them and add the additional water and lye to see if it will work.

Most that happens is that it won't and get pitched...

but hey... with that superfat, I still would've pitched it...

They do have some creamy a$$ bubbles though!:rolleyes2

SO to all the newbies, even after 8 years, I still make mistakes. That's just part of the learning process.

I HAVE LEARNED!!!!:yes:

p.s. the Oats Goats and Bees is a nice creamy color now. 24 hours later.

I definately won't laugh as I have found myself in similar situations a couple of times over the past 7 years. DH can always tell when I've messed up by the amount of 'F' words flying up from the basement!! :lipsrseal

In my bright and infinite wisdom, I grabbed the WRONG freakin' buckets. I grabbed the ones for the

ACTUAL soap and not the EMBEDS!:(

So least to say the 2 PVC pipes are 45% superfatted with a 59% water discount!:laugh2:

I'm gonna attempt to rebatch them and add the additional water and lye to see if it will work.

Most that happens is that it won't and get pitched...

but hey... with that superfat, I still would've pitched it...

They do have some creamy a$$ bubbles though!:rolleyes2

SO to all the newbies, even after 8 years, I still make mistakes. That's just part of the learning process.

I HAVE LEARNED!!!!:yes:

p.s. the Oats Goats and Bees is a nice creamy color now. 24 hours later.

Oh No! That stinks. What size batches were they?

LOLOLOL @ You can laugh! I did! Of course, NOT when I did it. Most of my words then started with "F":angry2:

I can totally relate to this! I'm pretty new to soap making, alittle less than a year, and so far I've had to toss out 2 batches, the FO I used seized up my batch, and I have a glop of mess. I had never had that happen before.

In the trash it went, I used several choice " F " words!

Then I just brought in about 6 batches that I made about 5 weeks ago, and one batch is alittle crumbly, I noticed when I cut the bars, they were crumbling a bit, well I tried to use my beveler to clean those bars up, and they just crumbled more around the edges, I have no clue why this happened, but I tossed that batch out.

I guess 2 batches in the trash isnt too entirely bad :)

That sucks...I had my FIRST boo boo in a few years yesterday....warmed up the water and mixed my honey in and then didnt wait for it to cool...i was gonna CPHP it so figured i didnt have to wait...well....i had my first VOLCANO of lye....very interesting....didnt know i could still move that fast!!!!