FO Help

I would appreciate knowing what the best FO's are & where to get them for use with J223 in containers. Even saturating the wax with 1 1/2 ounces of FO per lb. doesn't seem to work. I can't get a good, strong hot throw. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I use a j223/soy blend and I never go above 1 oz per #. I would definitely suggest looking for some high quality oils. I use oils from Peak's, Snowtop, KY, and Bubbles n Lights. You might want to search the Fragrance Discussion forum to see what others recommend. Also, your temps can have a real effect on your scent throw, as can wicking. Maybe you can tell us a little more about your method and technique?

HTH,

Jenn

They don't make FO's specifically for each brand of wax. But it shouldn't take an ounce and a half of oil to make it smell. There are a ton of good fragrance oils out there. Check out the fragrance discussion section or do a search and you will find lots and lots of them.

From what I can gather, the optimal temperature to add the FO in, is at 180 degrees which is what I have been doing. I have been using the CD series # 8 wicks which gets a nice melt pool with no wax staying on the sides of the containers (which are about 3 inches in diameter). The FO's I have are from Lone Star Candle Supply. Perhaps they aren't very good?

Maybe you have candle-nose? I have tested J223, but regularly use J50. I don't use more than 1 oz pp and I get most FOs from Peak, Bittercreek, Just Scent, Snowtop and Carolina Candle Supplies/Tri-State. My candles have great throw at that %. Check the classifieds or order some samplers from other companies and try their Fos. Also, try different wicks. Testing is a pain, isn't it. :rolleyes2