Opinions Please!

I'm not sure what to think about this customer! I sold her some soy melts last week and I received a e-mail yesterday that she couldn't smell the melts. I told her to leave for a bit and come back and see if she could smell it then. I also told her if she couldn't smell them I would either send another her choice of scent at no cost or give a refund. I just received this e-mail from her this afternoon.

"Hi, I think something is wrong with the soy or something. I have had it melting for 3 days now and when I just looked at them the wax had all hardened and was all around the outside. The middle had nothing in it (dry). I am sorry for all the trouble. I so love the melts. I will send them all back Tuesday."

Now I have never thought someone would leave their melts warming for three days and I have never had my soy do as she described, but...I have never kept my melts warming for three days! She did say in her first e-mail that she has always purchased Scentsy but thought she would try soy.

The first thing that comes to mind is my favorite saying: "Ignorance can be educated, but you just can't fix stupid"

I'm not sure what your description says about the melts and their "burn" time, but if she's been using Scentsy melts, she should know that you can't expect to burn them for three days straight and them still have any smell left!

I say remove all warning labels off of everything and let the stupid people weed themselves out!! I know that's really ugly of me to say, but some people....

That reminds me of the customer who came to me complaining that the soy candle I sold him didn't have any scent when he burned it. So I started asking about how he burned the candle and he says to me 'maybe it has something to do with having the air conditioner fan blowing over the candle'.......... :rolleyes2 ya think?!!

That reminds me of the customer who came to me complaining that the soy candle I sold him didn't have any scent when he burned it. So I started asking about how he burned the candle and he says to me 'maybe it has something to do with having the air conditioner fan blowing over the candle'.......... :rolleyes2 ya think?!!

:laugh2: OMG they must be married! I still haven't replied to her last e-mail. I'll do that Monday after I've had time to think of a response that doesn't imply that she a bit of an idiot but to enlighten her on how to use melts.

I agree with sifichik

A teaching lesson is in order to keep her buying from you...maybe have one melting when she comes by so she can see that they do indeed give off scent.

I always tell my customers how to use my products and give demo on certain things like scrubs so they dont come back with issues that it isn't working.

I also don't give refunds or exchanges on my products unless it was my fault something was wrong.

I have had one friend who always calls and complains about something like the soap is too scrubby or i cant smell the candle. She is now my tester of products and is pleased that she has a say and doesn't complain about anything anymore.

Just a suggestion. hth

Sorry I don't agree, I would ignore her, I just think this woman is an idiot. Obviously she knows how to use a tart so what is there to explain? I would not give her a refund or give anything away for free nor make a prissy complainer a tester. Chances are they complain to get a freebie here and there and making them a tester for your products will just encourage them. People like that I just don't want. Call it poor customer service if you will. Wonder if she used a blow tourch to melt the tart for three days straight to make a "hole in the middle". Do you really want your products in her hands is what you should be asking yourself.

im sorry you feel that way funky monkey this person is a long time friend of mine and since she tests things she now only uses and buys my soap and candles exclusivly no discount or special deals. Just testing when I create something new.

I suppose if she was a stranger I would think differently.

This customer actually ordered online and is a first time customer. I'm not sure what she is doing with these melts, but I did tell her to mail them back to me. I also told her I would give her a full refund and pay for the return postage once I receive the melts. So far I have not received them!

Brown, I think you went above and beyond, and I admire you for that. Chances are you may win some extra business that way. My only concern is that this customer doesn't sound very smart, and in my opinion not the kind of business I'd want to encourage, lol. I like Scifichik's suggestion of providing 'gentle' instructions and a replacement product, therefore offering a great learning experience to someone who might otherwise be a liability.