Kerr 16oz widemouth canning jars?

They only had the 8oz.. I checked goodmans but shipping for 15 cases was more than the jars. Did they used to have flat rate based on the price or was that somewhere else? I can't remember it was so long ago since the last time I ordered glass.

Filmore and ace has Ball but I need the space for the label so I need a smooth side.

Try the local hardware stores or grocery stores. The ball jars have the writing on all sides, the Kerr only have it on one side. They are available, you shouldn't haven't to order them. Your mom & pop stores will be able to order them for you cheaper than having to order.

Do you have a dollar general there? I got some (I had to go look) two years ago for $8.00 a case. Try there and maybe ask them if they can order them in for you. We are just starting to get these in around here because canning season hasn't started.

• 2 weeks later...
I've found the ball jars but I am looking for the Kerr jars, does anyone know where to buy these or even plain widemouth canning jars with no writing?

TIA

Can I ask where you found the Ball jars? My husband works at Ball Aerospace, even though the Ball Co. sold off the container division the employees LOVE the candles in jars that say "Ball" on them! :grin2:

Ace hardware and goodmans.com but the shipping was really high. You can order them at Ace free site to stores.

Still no luck finding them with a smooth side. I guess I will just have a label made to go on the lid if I can't find the jar.