packaging soaps

KJohnson

Im trying to figure out a good way to package soaps..I didnt get started making my soaps yet...because we have had a Blizzard and UPS has delayed my packages til Monday....

So mean while I am trying to get ahead of things and design the package.. I plan on giving soaps for Christmas...and get "family feedback" lol

Anyway....I was wondering if the bars have to be wrapped? or can they just be out in the open air?

will the scent fade? I really like the look of the cigar bands and wonder if there is a template some where to print your own?

Any help would be great.

If you are making CP soap I think that the key is allowing your soap to breathe. JMO- but I would leave bare, wrap in fabric or various other textiles, paper, or boxes.... anything that will allow the soap to get some air.

There are a lot of holiday tissue paper, special boxes or containers, etc. that you can find at any craft store.

HTH.

there is no template, there used to be, all you have to do is fold it on a blank sheet of paper then measure the fold lines to figure out where the printing should be, the other idea is to use a label on the back of the bar. As most of us have different bar sizes, a standard template will not work.

I was amazed at how fast and easy this was to fold.

in another post i read someone said/suggested that it's better for CP soaps to breathe so i tossed out the shrink wrap idea.

last night i designed a simple band with a circular portion for the top. of course i'll have to change the sizes for different diameter rounds or rectagular bars....but both my boyfriend and i will be able to use the same design for both, his candles, and my soaps. and i can even use the same pattern for stickers for his containers.

oh, and by the way, melly, i love your packaging idea. it's so creative!

I don't sell soap, just give it to firends and family. So they usually get it in a sandwich baggie or a poly pro bag. If I were to sell my soap, I would use the cigar band method most likely.

I also like the single bar of soap with the soap deck tied together with the twine and a small hang tag. That is a cute little set.

Guest EMercier

I think that website for the folding is nice, but it would be better if they had the template so that you could play around with it. I really like it. It's something you could do while watching TV.