favorite scents for lotion bars

kyme1911

Florals and Fruity, nobody and I mean NOBODY has bought a single "bakery" scent. Not even buttercream, which suprised me a little.

best sellers...

honeysuckle, lavender, sweet pea, love spell, gardenia, plumeria

in general, they dont sell all that well for me though.. not compared to other products. Then again, I'm up against a bee farm so alot of people know them for their beeswax products (aka lotion bars and such)

Thanks, that makes sense no foodies.

Are you refering to the Beeswax lotion bars on Etsy?

This is Way off subject, but freaked me out.

Oh man, last night I was looking for inspiration (on Etsy) for lip balm labels (for tins) and came across a "Balm for your lips". LOL

i gave up on scented, except for a very lightly scented lavender and sweet pea.

my best seller is made with cocobutter and virgin coconut, so it has a light kind of "white chocolate" scent which i enhance with just a wee bit of honey f/o.

i really like the paige's sweet nectar at soapsupplies.net and her lavender is great, too (imho):P

OMH, or if I can get good beeswax with its own scent then that's fine on its own.

Oh, and Bert's Aspen Forest with that minimally refined beeswax - TDF.

I am going to have to try some of that ...never have purchased from Berts.

I am also going to use beeswax next time, tried using Candelilla wax instead. I don't like it, I'd read somewhere they were interchangeable. I don't really need a "Vegan" version anyway.

Kyme

Beeswax and candelilla will both work, BUT candelilla has about twice the hardening power of beeswax. If experimenting, I would try half the amount of cand compared to your beeswax recipe.

Thanks, I went and did a search last night, and found that out. Is it possible to re-melt them and add additional butters to make up the difference? Or just toss it and start over?

Kyme