How popular are floral scented candles?

ah-soy

I know it will differ greatly by region, but just wondering how many of you carry some/or a lot of florals in your candle line? I have the hardest time pouring and testing them because they give me such a headache!

I always carry at least 3 or 4 florals in my line. Mostly classic type florals such as lavender, lilac, rose, honeysuckle, jasmine. If you don't like florals try 'green' scents like bamboo, grass, cactus, aloe, pine, etc.

Or go with floral blends like lavender & sage, lavender & vanilla, etc.

Florals tend to be steady sellers for me. Not everyone likes bakery scents.

Lilac, Lily of the Valley and a Lily & Lilac mix I sell year round. Jasmine and Gardenia seem to only sell in spring and summer. Straight rose doesn't sell, but I have a couple mixes that sell well year round. :cool2:

You can always choose "rain" type scents, as they're technically made with floral notes but tend to be less harsh for people like yourself who tend to get headaches with alot of floral scents....however, the classics you just gotta have around or you're missing out! (Lilac, Lavender, Rose, etc)

A great rain scent is Rain Water from Candle Science!!!

Edited by number2of7

I'll second rain water from cs. I also like their honeysuckle jasmine. I ordered a sample of the gardenia but don't have it in wax yet.

Edited to add that I like Olive Blossom from Elements as well. None of these are too heavy for me. I used to not be a big floral lover myself but definitely can appreciate them more now.

Edited by aviator girl

I agree on Lilac. I sell it mainly in the spring, some summer and a few in the winter. I have a few customers that like Rose, Gardenia Blossoms (mine is from Millcreek), I also mix Gardenia with Pinapple Paradise for a Pineapple Gardenia. Lavender & Herb I sell all year round or I should say it is purchased by my customers all year round.

Rose is popular with a few, Sweet Pea & Me very popular. I offer them all year round for those that aren't big on the bakery.