Ok, is there really a difference between...

mzpickles

Isn't cucumber melon traditionally a cucumbers and honeydew melon scent? To me honeydew or casaba melon smells much different than a cantaloupe.

Makes sense that they would have two different scents because those are.

Ok, I'll buy that! It's just that on some supplier sites the explanations don't make much of a distinction between the two, so you're left wondering what is the difference. Sounds like I just need to get some samples and see! Any recommendations about who has the best of each, so I can order from one website? I was looking at NG and Candlewic to name a couple. TIA!!

The cucumber melon that I have smells more like honeydew melon. Cantaloupe smells different. :)

Ditto. The Cantaloupe adds that something extra that you would have thought the cucumber melon would have smelled like from various descriptions, if that makes sense at all. Maybe sweeter, more complex and less like plain old honeydew.

I like the ng version because it's simple yet has allot going on at the same time. That makes no sense either but hopefully you understand what I am trying to say.

Maybe sweeter, more complex and less like plain old honeydew.

I like the ng version because it's simple yet has allot going on at the same time. That makes no sense either but hopefully you understand what I am trying to say.

I have a lot of trouble expressing fragrance in words, too... I agree with your description of cantaloupe as more complex than honeydew. It's a riper, more mature combo.

I was just checking out KY's website since you mentioned this.

Vickey carries Cucumber Melon Cucumber Melon (B & BW Type ) and

Cucumber and Cantaloupe.

I have both and there is a distinct difference. I prefer the Cucumber and Cantaloupe. Personally...I am not crazy about the smell of honeydew...but I do like the taste. lol