Very First Website..

Brenda

Hello All!

Here's a link to my very first soap website.

http://www.brendasbars.com

I'm brand new to the making of cold process soaps and to selling the same on the web. I'd appreciate any feedback you have to offer. :smiley2: So far I've sold my soaps by word of mouth, and have not done any craft fairs, open houses, etc. I'm very NEW at this and have only myself to blame if anything is amiss at my little store. Thank goodness my husband knows how to write code and customize osCommerce. :cheesy2: Without his help I'd be scratching pictures of my soap on a cave wall somewhere!

Please let me know what you think if you have the time to go take a peek.

Thanks!

Brenda, I would lose the splash page right away, you need to go right to the site. Your soaps are beauties!

e

I agree about the splash page. Your website is great, very professional, soaps are beautiful. Best of luck to you!

I ditto the nixing the splash page-- everything from the logo to the pages are gorgeous! And perhaps make the menu accessible from the first page; if your customer has to do too much clicking to get what they want, they will definitely leave your site, ruining your conversion rate.

Splash page is gone! Thanks so much for your suggestions everyone - and your kind words.:smiley2:

Indescent - My ignorance is definately going to show with this question. What do you mean when you write "make the menu accessible from the first page"? Do you mean the page with the large background picture of soaps? Should that page go as well?

Thanks. :smiley2:

I think she means the main page. Where it says to click on the hands to see the catalog. I don't know whether you should lose it or not, but it's a bit hard to read, writing is small.

The site looks great. Beautiful soaps you have. You can't be too new at making them when they're that gorgeous :)