Jar Store Dropped C3 for Ecosoya Line

Looks like I have some testing in my future....the Jar Store, my C3 supplier has decided to carry the EcoSoya line and drop the C3.....I'm thinking I will need to switch at some point to save on shipping...so to all you Ecosoya experts....what version of their container blend should I start testing? The XCel since it's the latest and greatest??

Thank god I have some C3 stocked up .... I dread retesting my whole candle line :(

Brenda

I sympathize with your position, Brenda. When one puts a lot of time and learning into one brand of wax, it's disconcerting to have to learn another. BUT, maybe it'll make things easier! Sometimes because we're forced, we find better stuff! The new CBXL wax looks promising from the test threads... :)

Yes, I agree....it does sound promising based on the thread. I will keep an eye on the test results....Bittercreek has a raving review on their website. I just ordered a 10lb bag from Candles and Supplies to start testing, since the Jar Store only offers 50# boxes as of right now. Thanks for the words of encouragement....it's been a long week, first one of the jars I use got discontinued and now the news about the wax. I'm all for keeping current but I wish it wouldn't have come all at once along with a large new wholesale order :tiptoe: My husband is so laid back, his comment was "well it's not like the C3 isn't made anymore" .....we'll just drive to PA pick it up and combine it with a long weekend getaway" I guess that's how you get when you're family company was established in 1963...you don't sweat the small stuff....me I'm all about sweating; business, hot flashes, night sweats, etc:yay:

My husband is so laid back, his comment was "well it's not like the C3 isn't made anymore" .....we'll just drive to PA pick it up and combine it with a long weekend getaway"

My husband is the same way. My supplier is a little over 2 hours up the road. So we leave around noon and get lunch at a little local restaurant and get up there around 4 and do a quick pickup. He doesn't want to fight traffic so we get a room near the airport. He pays - his idea you know!

Plenty of restaurants for a nice dinner then off to another place for dessert. Back to the room & the next morning off to see the sights. One trip was a battlefield, another was the college town, once was a side trip to a winery, sometimes we stay off the interstate and only take side roads back. Usually home around sunset.

I thought it was crazy but it's fun ... I've learned to relax and enjoy it. After all with all those supplies there will be plenty of work ahead. And it may be cheaper than going through testing more wax, wicks & FOs.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I heard about this as well and I do know of 2 distributors that are in PA that carry the C3 so maybe this will help. They are:

EARLY AMERICAN Allison Pk., PA Jeffrey Knapton 412-486-9003 ext 226

and FILLMORE CANDLE Lancaster, PA Keith Reinhart 866-345-5527

Edited by KrisB

I ordered from Fillmore.....ended up with a pallet (11 boxes) and even with shipping it was less than what I was getting it for at the Jar Store...so I'm happy. The quality is good...boxes nicely sealed and it's behaving well. I've had my share of funky boxes from various suppliers and this was the first time ordering C3 from Fillmore so I'll be going back when I'm ready for more.

I have to say my kudos to Filmore Containers. I use them for my jars and many of my FOs and they have great CS and shipping, great people, and great products and prices.

I don't use their C3 wax but I do use Ecosoya waxes and their FOs always threw excellent for me. They test all their oils in the C3 and only sell the great throwers. Now that I switched to glass glow the scent throw is even better using their oils.

Edited by Candybee