Orange and Black Chunky Pillars with Wire

Jojo T.

Sheila, you'd need to come to one of my candle/jewellery/art parties - I'd definitely invite you if you lived down under, but I think it may cost a lot to travel here. If you ever want anything you see I could post it to you, which would also cost a lot unfortunately - of course if you're rolling in it, that wouldn't be a problem, but not many of us are these days. :D

Stella, I do make jewellery which is also at the parties along with my daughter Kimi's art work. I don't normally take orders as I like to be totally creative and do my own designs and if someone likes them, then that's great, if not I keep them for myself.

Thanks for the comments.

Hi Jo, I love all of your candles! I'm trying to get good at pillars, can you tell me if the technique you used here is filling the mold with colored chunks & pouring plain pillar wax to fill the mold?

Thanks & keep up the good work! :bow:

Hi Jo, I love all of your candles! I'm trying to get good at pillars, can you tell me if the technique you used here is filling the mold with colored chunks & pouring plain pillar wax to fill the mold?

Thanks & keep up the good work! :bow:

Hi ChaChing, Thank you for your comments. Yes, I filled the mould with triangular chunks and then poured hot plain wax over them, tapped the outside of the mould with a spoon and then heatgunned it, to melt the coloured chunks into each other a bit. Have a go at it and if you have any further queries, feel free to contact me again.

Cheers, Jo

Hi ChaChing, Thank you for your comments. Yes, I filled the mould with triangular chunks and then poured hot plain wax over them, tapped the outside of the mould with a spoon and then heatgunned it, to melt the coloured chunks into each other a bit. Have a go at it and if you have any further queries, feel free to contact me again.

Cheers, Jo

These are really beautiful!

I want to try to replicate them with other colors (like blue/purple/green), but I don't have a heat gun. Would a hair dryer work? What would it look like without heat?

Cheers, Jo

Hi Jo, thanks for your reply. I found pillar techniques that I had printed in 2004 when I started candlemaking, from CraftServer & other sites. I had to laugh because one of the tutorials was your exact directions! At the time I printed them I didn't understand any of it, like it was written in a foreign language. :confused: I found another technique very similar using white chunks to fill the mold. Then melt 2 different color dye blocks (pieces) separately. Pour the filling wax over the chunks and spoon drops of the melted dye (one at a time). Let the colors swirl from the convection, and let the candle cool until it’s time for the second pour. It comes out looking tied dyed or marbled, and some of the chunks make white circles. The sample pic was done in a tall pyramid, and looks a lot like a lava lamp. Different, just thought I’d share since you were so nice to reveal your magic! :highfive:

Have fun, ~ pat ~

Hi Jo, thanks for your reply. I found pillar techniques that I had printed in 2004 when I started candlemaking, from CraftServer & other sites. I had to laugh because one of the tutorials was your exact directions! At the time I printed them I didn't understand any of it, like it was written in a foreign language. :confused: I found another technique very similar using white chunks to fill the mold. Then melt 2 different color dye blocks (pieces) separately. Pour the filling wax over the chunks and spoon drops of the melted dye (one at a time). Let the colors swirl from the convection, and let the candle cool until it’s time for the second pour. It comes out looking tied dyed or marbled, and some of the chunks make white circles. The sample pic was done in a tall pyramid, and looks a lot like a lava lamp. Different, just thought I’d share since you were so nice to reveal your magic! :highfive:

Have fun, ~ pat ~

Thanks Pat, that sounds really good and I shall give it a try.