Help me pick my cupcake fragrances pweeze?

ah-soy

Making up a bunch of fizzie cupcakes...I'll be ordering FO's from NG since I need to place an order with them anyway. I want to keep the scents in the foodie / dessert / beverage category...just can't wrap my head around a sandalwood cupcake. :rolleyes2

so far this is what I have on my list:

Pink Sugar (I could live without it, but it's sooooo popular)

Toasted Marshmallow

Buttercream Cupcake

Lime Frosted Cupcake

and ???

Anyone want to chime in with suggestions? I'd like really strong fragrances since they'll get diluted in water.

Thanks!

I also love the frosted lime cupcake. Made some samples up and it is yummy.

I've added:

Oatmeal, Cream and Honey

and I think either orange juice cake or orange chiffon cake

plus Raspberry Zinger

still trying to pick a chocolate so will probably order samples

any other NG recommendations?

I just tried the Mexican Fried Ice Cream and it is Delicious! Here are a few more that I really like..

All NG

Vanilla Pear

Frangelico Struesel (Very Strong)

7-Up Pound Cake

Black Cherry Bomb (melted 1 tart and had to turn it off after about an hour b/c it was so strong. Not just a plain Cherry scent, smelled like it has some type of spice to it as well.)

Cotton Candy (not crazy strong but smells so good)

Mango Papaya (really strong)

Yuzu (strong & everyone that I've let smell it loves it, I only ordered it b/c the description said is was 1 of the most popular out right now, probably wouldn't have ordered it if not. So GLAD I did! I think it would smell more "bakery" if maybe you mixed it w/a little buttercream or vanilla. Kinda like the Hostess Orange Cupcakes!)

I also really like the Pink & Blue Sugar FO

Good Luck! Let us know what worked for you!

I also LOVE the yuzu, vanilla pear and mango papaya...good in anything I've put them in. Can't even use the Black Cherry Bomb. It's sooo strong I get a headache :(

I was wondering about the Cotton Candy too so will probably pick up a sample. Ive poured the frangelico struesel in tarts, but never used in B&B...hmmmmmm might be interesting.

Thanks for those suggestions. My list is getting longer which is good and bad...ha!

After reading all the hype about the Frosted Lime Cupcake I poured a couple candles w/it tonight. I hadn't gotten the chance to try it yet, but bought it a week ago. I was so disappointed! :( When I was stirring the FO in I kept smelling baby spit-up! My sister & her kids were here & the 2 teenagers asked what smelled like vomit! I had to spray Febreeze to get rid of the stink. I'm just hoping that it smells better once I burn it. I went back to the NG site to read the customers reviews and all but 1 were excellent. The 1 said that she thought it was horrible too. Evidently we have the same sense of smell. I'm still going to try to burn it just to see if maybe it makes a difference. I hope so! This is the only FO I've ever gotten from NG that I didn't like. :confused:

Wow, that surprises me about the FLC although I've never put it in wax. It's lovely in bath and body stuff. Isn't it funny how different our sniffers can be?

OK, think I have my list almost done. Still needing a chocolate scent. The only one I've tried from NG is Peppermint Patty, but wanting a chocolate without the mint.

Any suggestions?

Can't wait to get these ordered, in and the cupcakes made up! I've been using the same scents for weeks and am looking forward to a change!

OK, think I have my list almost done. Still needing a chocolate scent. The only one I've tried from NG is Peppermint Patty, but wanting a chocolate without the mint.

Any suggestions?

I would go for the chocolate amber scent. I think I saw a creamy chocolate cupcake scent

After reading all the hype about the Frosted Lime Cupcake I poured a couple candles w/it tonight. I hadn't gotten the chance to try it yet, but bought it a week ago. I was so disappointed! :( When I was stirring the FO in I kept smelling baby spit-up! My sister & her kids were here & the 2 teenagers asked what smelled like vomit! I had to spray Febreeze to get rid of the stink. I'm just hoping that it smells better once I burn it. I went back to the NG site to read the customers reviews and all but 1 were excellent. The 1 said that she thought it was horrible too. Evidently we have the same sense of smell. I'm still going to try to burn it just to see if maybe it makes a difference. I hope so! This is the only FO I've ever gotten from NG that I didn't like. :confused:

OK, so I couldn't wait to burn it. As soon as I got up this morning I lit it up, and......It smells AWESOME!!!:yay: Not sure what was going on w/it when I was making it but it smells fantastic now! I didn't like Pink Sugar at all when I smelled it OOB but once I made and burned the candles it is one of my favs. Would've never guessed it!

I knew NG wouldn't let me down!

***Please disregard my Vomit comment, it smells great now!** :rolleyes2