Silvermoon soap mold

bells4shells

I just wanted to write and say that when I was researching for a new soap mold (I knew I wanted silicone), I came to this forum to do it. That being said, I know Silvermoon didn't always get the best reviews on shipping, etc. but I decided to take a chance on them. I got a quality mold in a timely manner. Yay!

:yay:

I used the log mold for the first time last night and couldn't be any more pleased! I just had to say something positive about this company because I think they deserve it.

Glad you like it. I have a few myself and like them - I have better luck with the 2# logs than with the 4# which I could never get to gel all the way to the corners but that's just me.

I don't remember anyone questioning the quality of the molds, but the business practices. They took orders and then shipped VERY late, and some never got what they paid for. Eventually the business re-opened (more than a year later, I think) and I understand from the SM woman that those people who had been cheated did get their molds when they aske for them.

I like the molds, I do, and am considering ordering more but will not agree to pay until the molds are in my hands. That kind of history DOES repeat itself.

Yup, you're right carebear- most of the complaints weren't on quality, but their business practices. I was just happy to report I got both a great mold and timely shipping. I also got reponses from them with all of my questions in a timely manner. Definately something high up my list of importance when dealing with potential suppliers.

*ETA - I forgot to say thanks for the info on the 4lb mold. I got the 2 lb mold and it worked really well. I may need to stick to that size it sounds like. Do you build your own 'house' for it? I did that to keep the sides more secure and didn't wrap it at all. Then again, it was a new fragrance I was working with, so there is more to be seen. Still, I'm sooooo happy I don't have to wrap molds anymore. I always hated that part of soap making.

Edited by bells4shells

I bought them with the wooden boxes. the wood is really thick so I still cannot figure out why, even with insulation, the gel wouldn't reach the corners. Someone over at the Dish had the same problem but still I figured it was just us. Until I sold the mold to someone here and felt just awful that she seemed to have difficulty too. It makes no sense. But I don't know that EVERYONE has this difficulty.

I have 2 of the 9" and really like them. There was a definite learning curve for me as my soap would stick like crazy in these molds. This caused me to rip one of the sides. The mold still works really well with the rip. I like them so much better than my Uplands since the Silvermoon as nice and thick.

Ann M