Cigarette Smelling Mold

I recently purchased a used silicone mold and it smells like it's been sitting in a bar.

Does anyone know how I might get out the smell. I have let it air out for a few days but it is still really strong. I don't know if the wax will pick up the smell or not.

Made the mistake of not asking if it was from a smoke free home...

:)Thanks a bunch!!

Thank You! Is what really gets me is how do people sell things that are from a smoke filled home in a retail environment.

Don't get me wrong, your free to smoke but I would just think that some customers might not realize they are getting an extra bonus smell.

:)

I hope you can get it out. I wish people would automatically list as to whether or not their classified items came from smoke-free/pet-free enviornments. I feel awkward having to ask but I made the same mistake you did once.
ask me, some time, about my recent smoke-related waste of cash, or the pet related one before that.

I wish I could remember to ASK!

I was also going to suggest vinegar, it's the best neutralizer I know of & I can't see how it would compromise the silicone in any way.

Also, it's a nice thought to think asking about smoke/pet free sellers would get you an honest answer. If someone really wants to move something, I doubt they're going to let that question kill a sale - especially after reading all the recent bad deals from the classifieds. It's really sad to hear that people can't even wipe something down before they send it off - God forbid they actually clean it! <sigh>

Susan.