Handmade items wanted as donation

chiptooth

I'm reposting as I wasn't getting any response to my previous post and couldn't edit. I'm the team captain for my son's relay for life team which is composed of 12 boys and 2 girls ages 13 and 14. They have been bombarded with fundraising for sports and etc. so I'm trying to be creative with our efforts. We held a raffle on a basket full of air freshener type things (febreeze, glade, etc.) that was all donated by a friend.

I thought it would be nice to do another raffle using the theme "Nothing better than Handmade lending a hand for a cure" or something like that. I thought it would be neat to get items from all over to fill the basket.

I'm not sure of the exact date when we will be doing the raffle. I have to make sure I have enough stuff to put together a decent basket first and we'll have to wait until the weather warms up a bit for the kids to stand outside the store to sell them.

There are soo many talented and giving people on these boards that I thought this would be the best place to ask for help from all over.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me again, bumping this up to see if anyone who hasn't seen the original post is interested in helping the team out. I'm hoping to have each state represented in the basket as well as other countries. So far I have PA, Alaska, Michigan, Florida, Canada and New Zealand. I'll take anything you'd like to donate. If I get too many duplicates I'll make 2 baskets and have 2 winners. I'm shooting for mid-April to put the basket together.

I could make sink freshener to go with her dish cloths. PM me your address.

Thanks Deb, the sink freshener and air freshener arrived yesterday. I have everything in a box waiting to be put in the actual basket and it smells and looks so good. I can't wait to put it all together.

...........bumping this up to see if anyone else would like to send a donated handmade item for our relay for life basket. :)

Thanks again everyone for such generosity. We'll be selling tickets on this basket mid-April, so plenty of time to get it filled up. We've gotten some wonderful things, even a knitted neck warmer all the way from New Zealand.

• 2 weeks later...

I can donate a handmade mason jar soy candle that I can accessorize with one of my mom's hand crocheted lid covers.

JacquiO...package arrived yesterday. I didn't open it until today 'cause I thought it was some sample wax I ordered and thought I'd open it to put it away. Candles smell great and the crochet lid topper is really cute. I didn't have anything from New York yet either so better yet..

Still time to donate to the handmade basket if you want. So far, I have

items from the following states:

Alaska

Florida

Pennsylvania

New York

Illinois

Michigan

Kentucky

and New Zealand

Need items by 4/18.

A MILLION thanks for everyone who has donated so far and who have promised to send items. This should be a great fundraiser for the relay team with all the wonderful items I'm receiving.

If I could get the team all together at one time, I'd gladly take a picture. We've had one actual meeting so far and I was missing 6 kids. Our team communication has been through texting, snail mail or my son relaying messages and printed materials to his friends at school in person. Incase anyone is questioning the legitamacy of my son's team the website is: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY10PA?team_id=617154&pg=team&fr_id=25307

The team is made up of my son's 2008 6th grade class from Holy Redeemer Catholic school in Ellwood City, PA. In 6th grade, they had a relay team as a class project. The kids wanted to keep the team together last year but their captain last year didn't do any fundraising for them, they were on their own to collect their own $100.00. My son and his friends said they wanted to continue the team, so I took over. Our team this year is the original '08 class minus 3 but we gained a sister of one the team members and 2 of my friends sons who aren't Catholic and another member who is Catholic but not a graduate of the school.

Our team is Holy Redeemer Alumni II and Friends (there is an Alumni I team of older kids)

Our slogan is: Faithful Friends Fighting For A Cure

I'm working with 15 kids who are 14 years old and with all of them being involved in sports functions and school activities all selling things, I had to think out of the box a little and come up with something different. That's why I thought of the basket. This will be the 2nd basket raffle we're doing. The first one was totally donated by a friend who filled a wicker basket with febreeze, glade, etc. and we made $100.00.

The slogan for this basket is: Nothing Beats Handmade For Lending A Hand In Beating Cancer

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make sure everyone knows I'm not trying to pull a scam.

All but 3 of them are on a retreat today preparing for confirmation by the bishop so hopefully I can get a picture this afternoon after the closing prayer service.

Edited by chiptooth