warning to those using Avery design 5.4

Just a heads up to those using Avery Design Pro 5.4 and Windows 7....Avery does not support Windows 7...and it will eventually crash. Trust me...it will. I reinstalled the program 5 times, and after restarting my computer, the program won't even open up. I called Avery, and the tech support said they haven't even tested it with Windows 7 yet....and there's nothing they can for me. Gee...thanks Avery!

Ok, I too made the switch to Windows 7 64 bit

Have more than avery that will not work.

There is a Microsoft download (Windows Virtual PC) and you can operate in XP mode. Just like having XP on your Windows 7 machine. You will have to reload Avery while XP is running.

If you need help just message me

Dave

Not sure why 5.4 isn't working I have 5.0 in (for some reason I don't have the updated DesignPro) and it has been working fine for 4 months. I had to re-calibrate my printer but that worked out better as now my round lables print better.

UPDATE: I went out and bought Print Artist 23...the only Broderbund softwrare (so far) designed/compatible for Windows 7. So far...I like it very much....user friendly, and tons of features. Just thought I'd share for those wondering which program to use next for label design. Btw....23 allows importing of many formats, but not .zdl (avery format)...however it has many Avery label templates included.