Anyone order from TOG lately?

inherowndominion

i ordered from there along time ago..

it did take awhile to recieve.....

i still have the mold..it still works good...but i don't use it alot...

there is a bit of seperation on the corner seams..

under alot of use..i don't know if it would hold up good..

especially if you gell in the oven..

i like to use it for salt bars..that way i don't have to cut them..

for that...reason i like the mold..

Edited by 8-GRAN-ONES

someone on another forum recently bought one of his molds. she posted this: "I was also told that IF I do have problems with my liner that he will replace it for a minimal price. "

so if you do decide to order, I'd personally clarify what happens if your mold turns out to be faulty or sub-standard.

Edited by CareBear

Thanks guys! I ordered a beveler from him...I did email him asking how long it'd take, but no response of course. I'll wait a month, any longer than that and I'm filing a paypal claim. It shouldn't take a month to build a beveler.

I also ordered from FCS, I ordered a cutter. I hear those take forever too....ugh!

Thanks guys! I ordered a beveler from him...I did email him asking how long it'd take, but no response of course. I'll wait a month, any longer than that and I'm filing a paypal claim. It shouldn't take a month to build a beveler.

I also ordered from FCS, I ordered a cutter. I hear those take forever too....ugh!

I just got my tank yesterday - 6 weeks after I ordered it . Not impressed with the time frame at all.

If they are getting more popular, and getting more orders.. might have problems keeping up with them. and if thats the case, they need to specify that it will be 6 weeks, or limit the amount of orders they will take at any given time. I'd be very unhappy with that time frame myself unless I was told up front that was how long it would be and I made the decision to buy it anyways.

Thanks guys! Good to know I'm not alone! As far as FCS goes, I ordered last week and got an email already telling me "to be patient" go figure. I'll wait another week before I email again. I just really really wanted a wire soap cutter. I heard theirs was good so I gave it a go.

As far as TOG goes, I've heard that he's not pleasant to work with. He STILL hasn't emailed me back, no surprise. I'm giving him 4 weeks, then I'll shoot him another email, and if nothing, I'll file for a refund with paypal and go elsewhere.

I agree, they really should be upfront about how long it takes. Not a fan of having to wait 8 million years for supplies.

I'm not sure why they do a "made to order" thing? You'd think you'd at LEAST have 1 made at all times...is there something I'm missing here? I certainly wouldn't sell soap that hasn't been cured yet and then tell someone "Oh, sorry gotta wait another 8 weeks..."

double check how long you have to submit the claim - you want to do it before the time expires (if necessary, of course)!

Thanks guys! Good to know I'm not alone! As far as FCS goes, I ordered last week and got an email already telling me "to be patient" go figure. I'll wait another week before I email again. I just really really wanted a wire soap cutter. I heard theirs was good so I gave it a go.

agree, they really should be upfront about how long it takes. Not a fan of having to wait 8 million years for supplies.

I'm not sure why they do a "made to order" thing? You'd think you'd at LEAST have 1 made at all times...is there something I'm missing here? I certainly wouldn't sell soap that hasn't been cured yet and then tell someone "Oh, sorry gotta wait another 8 weeks..."

That is exactly what I was thinking .Mine was not "custom" they are regular stock in the 3 popular sizes. I can only think that they use the money as it comes in to make them.Not a great way to do business. I too got an email that was semi rude , when I emailed after almost a month.

They might have a fabulous product but the customer service sucks imho.

I looked and I have 45 days to file a claim. I'll email him once, wait a day, then file. I already did email him and still no response. I see that he can respond to message boards and plug his product (I saw that on a soaper's board recently on a different site) but can't answer emails. That's really annoying!

And Kitn, I agree, bad business. Real bad business. I ordered a planer too, so it's not like it needs to be CUSTOM or anything!