CS Fragrances in CP Soap

kssoaper

Sorry if this has been discussed - did a search couldn't find anything....

Anyway, I made CP soap with Candle Sciences Fig Tree (after loving it in candles) - it performed beautifully, made a nice creamy, smooth, soap.

Now just waiting to see if the fragrance holds.....

I was wondering if others have had success with quite a few of their fragrances in CP soap... they have quite a few fo's I really like but didn't know if I just got lucky with the Fig Tree (I was definitely waiting for the

cottage cheese effect)...

TIA!

Antique Sandalwood soaps like a dream!!

Red Clover Tea will rice on ya in a second (they've discontinued that one though)

These also soaped very well: Cool Citrus Basil, Cranberry Marmalade, Creme Brulee, Frankincense & Myrrh, Lime Cooler, Peppermint Eucalyptus, Sage & Pomegranate, and White Tea & Berries

I'm a big fan of CS oils in soaps.....the only dud we had was the RCT mentioned above. Everything else we've used has been fabulous!!

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for the scoop on their fragrances - how exciting to find good fragrances for a reasonable price! I've got the Cranberry Marmalade, the Tuscan Melon and one other (going blank right now :confused:) but I'm definitely going to try them all now! Yippeee!!

Thanks again!

I've soaped the Cranberry Marmalade and it is one of my FAVORITES!! It will discolor to a dark reddish brown, but my last batch I used Vanilla stabilizer for the top layer, leaving the bottom dark and ended up with a WONDERFUL smelling soap and pretty all at the same time.

Look at my recent post - soaps for 2010(in the gallery) - there is a picture of CandleScience Cranberry Marmalade!!

Vanessa

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone, it's always nice when this type of information can be shared so we don't waste our time and $$ testing FO's. I've always been a little nervous about buying "candle" fragrances to try in CP soap. I've found that even though it says it's safe for skin applications that does not mean it will work in CP soap.

I will post my results as I order and test fragrances, too. :cheesy2:

Their green tea and lemongrass smells awesome OOB and in MP soap, but I didn't get it to work well in CP soap. The scent was off and had a weird fuel smell. It's also light in candles, but their rating is pretty dead on for candle stuff so I knew it would be light.

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone, it's always nice when this type of information can be shared so we don't waste our time and $$ testing FO's. I've always been a little nervous about buying "candle" fragrances to try in CP soap. I've found that even though it says it's safe for skin applications that does not mean it will work in CP soap.

I will post my results as I order and test fragrances, too. :cheesy2:

Absolutely - I find the Scent Review Board http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/ a spectacular resource for just that reason, so remember to post your experiences and opinions there. I find it easier to search than CT (which I DO adore, don't get me wrong) because of the way it is organized.