Product Name Help - Calling all old hippies

kssoaper

Hi all - need your help on naming a product... We are going to have all products with a 60's theme.... having trouble with our room spray..

Remember way back when you were doing something (smoking something, say cigarettes :smiley2:) and you wanted to spray something to cover up the smell?? (ok, it was probably just me!) But we want to call this stuff something a little more creative than Room & Linen Spray (boring). All I can come up with is "Cover Ups" - but that's just really not clicking....

Is it asking too much for any ideas out there?

You guys may all be too young to remember 'back then' :laugh2:

Thanks in advance for any help.

You may want to rethink this one. I had the same idea awhile back, but so many I spoke with said that if you use something with "cover" or "mask" or you know, people will think it will only get rid of an odor for a few minutes, and then the stale smell will come back. Like alot of cheap air fresheners! Words associate things in people's mind... So I went a different way. Not trying to kill the idea, just trying to give ideas to help you sell.:tiptoe:

Thanks for the input Bernadette - that is a good thought.... you had this idea, too?? How funny - we must be from the same era! Seems like most of our customers are "our age" and we thought it might bring back memories and generate sales, but maybe not. Who knows..... I just hate to have the run of the mill "linen and room spray".. thanks again!

A true hippie used incense to cover up herb smoking smell. Thats why whenever you went to ones house they always had incense burning.

I think a mystical name is in order like:

psychodelic power trip mister

mystical flower power spray

mystical hippie mist

bitchen hippie chick spray

magical bus trip fumer

flower child power mist

groovy love in fogger

tune in, turn on, drop out power mist

old lady makeout mist

stoned groove cloud nine defogger

sweat hog make out defogger

yellow submarine trip spray

trippy hippie fumes

I had a little fun with this:laugh2:

Yes, kssoaper, we are from the same era:D! Yeah...when I mentioned it, I got things like, "I remember those terrible florals you'd spray and then a couple minutes later, you'd smell something terrible on top of the smoke! Ick!". That sort of gist. The names are cute and fun, but I couldn't see me having to explain - either in person or on the web(which nobody reads anyway!) - that my sprays were so much better than those lousy things they sold back then. Especially in this economy...

Bernadette - You said the EXACT thing I was thinking - those icky floral (public restroom) sprays from way back when!! I think they were actually worse than the smells we were trying to cover up.

...does anyone remember this scenario...

Here comes your mom!! Quick, open the window!! (Picture us waving our hands at the screen) Like, yeah, that's going to help.... but all moms were dumb back then weren't they?? :rolleyes2