GB 444 and IGI 4627

I have already made six testers. Just got the 4627 about a week ago. I have to say I'm loving it.

I have tested the CD, CDN, and HTP wick's to be honest they all are working out pretty well. I only had a very small mushroom on both the HTP, and the CDN. No soot, and perfect adhesion to the glass.

The CT is good, but the HT is great. For the life of me I couldn't get Peaks clean cotton to throw very well in my straight soy blend. It throws very well now in the 444 and 4627 blend.

Just wanted to

post some results on this combo. Because when I was trying to decide if the 4627 would blend well with the 444, I couldn't find much info on it.

• 4 months later...
Just curious, but why mix the two? Is the GB 444 less expensive so you're stretching out the IGI 4672? I'm tinkering with a case of 70/30 and was thinking of going to 4627 alone when this is gone.

I am wondering the same thing. I recently have been using 4627, too, and absolutely love it. HT is amazing in everything I have poured so far. What does adding the 444, or any other soy wax, bring to the table? I know a lot of people do a mix, and I haven't been able to figure out if it's for the label appeal of having soy, or if it makes a better candle. Anything that helps me make a better candle...:rolleyes2

Thanks!

I'm working with a 70/30 415/4627 blend now. I like it that when I pour warmer I have no frosting. I have decent HT within a few days, and I can make dark colors. The 1 problem I'm still working to solve is the the air pocket (crater) in the middle by the wick. This is a cooling problem, just have to nail it yet.

I've been experimenting with a 85/15 GW 464/IGI 6006 blend but I'm still having to hot gun the tops occasionally and still getting frosting sometimes. I've been thinking about going 70/30 to see how that performs. Interesting thread, thanks!