Organization

Hello everyone. I have popped in to read every so often but have been very consumed with my husbands illness and candles. I did manage to do a couple of craft shows with the products I had tested and gotten done before all the craziness started here. I loved doing the craft shows and I have to tell you that I learned alot from alot of you here and especially Stella. I am testing new scents now and my problem is we don't have alot of storage so does anyone have any suggestions for storing the poured candles? I have them in the boxes the containers come in but such a pain when someone wants to buy what is on the bottom (ha ha), never fails. My website is running and I would love feedback from all of you. It is www.thinkscentsable.com. Of course now I'm rushed for time trying to get new scents done to make up for the Christmas scents I have and with my husbands treatments and appts. things are very tough. I also took a job and will be starting training on Monday. I'm tired just thinking about it but have to do what needs to be done and the candle part of it I enjoy, even when making my mistakes! I'm going to end here and hope you can lead me in the right direction for storage. I don't want anything that needs to go on the wall, I would prefer free standing suggestions. Thanks again to everyone. Jeanne

The website looks great to me! As for storage.. I'm right there with you. I keep them in the box the containers shipped in as well, for now. We're renovating our big walk in closet in our guest room and will have proper shelving for everything someday.. but for now thats my only option. I can tell you we're kinda lucky to have an IKEA close by because we are using their shelving options... The "GORM" shelving unit is under $30, really easy to assemble, and you can buy extra shelves for it. So we are going to have the shelves staggered to the right height for one candle, and line them up scent by scent. We already use one as a drying/curing rack for soap, so we just need another for curing/drying candles, and another for storage. The three of them together will take up about all of that room but for under $100 we will have all the storage we need and nothings permanent.

I really like the website it looks very professional but this is just my opinion...If it were me I would make less statements about how soy candles are so healthy and better because they smoke less....(which we all know here they do not)...and how much better they are because they are all natural...(which they are no more natural then any other candle)...and I would make my comments on how well my candles were made! Health claims can be tricky at best, there are people who cannot tolerate soy and this could be misleading to them. You have a great site and a great product, I would make that a selling point and leave the health issues out of it.

I also use a large amount of soy in my candles and appreciate what you are saying but for the most part soy is no better then any other wax nor is any more natural...just my opinion! *hiding* :tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe:

I would move your product button to just after the Home button.

I would combine the safety and care info into one page. It seemed a little redundant to me.

I like how you have written the soy benefits. Good education for consumers. I would, however, put info on the palm wax you use. If I was a consumer I would notice right away that you use soy wax and palm wax but only give me the benefits of soy. But maybe that's just me being anal as usual. :rolleyes2

Trudi

Trudi, Thanks for your suggestions. I am glad you mentioned the palm wax, because when I put this info together for the website I was testing and I never did go with the palm wax. I am strictly using soy wax so I will have that changed with my upcoming updates. It always pays to have help from others. Thanks again, Jeanne