lush bubble bars

Lisasoaps

Can someone describe these to me? I have never tried them before. I am just sitting here wondering what they are like.

Are they hard like a bath bomb or are they softer like playdough?

Do you break a piece off of the 3.5 oz bar or do you use the whole thing? Some of those are really deeply colored, does it dye your water? :confused: Any input would be greatly appreciated THANKS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Well, the instructions are to use the whole thing.. but I only ever used 1/4-1/2 of one at a time. They were solid, like a bath bomb.. not doughy. I used "temple of truth" which is white, so it didnt color my bath.

I found a dupe recipe I havent tried yet.. http://www.pvsoap.com/recipe_bubble_bath_drop.htm

because of the large amount of cream of tartar it takes... but I'm going to order some online and try it soon.

I wonder if there is something that could be used in place of cream of tarter , that stuff is very spendy ?

not sure!! I've been hunting for good values on it and the best I could fine was a 5 pound bag for 26.16 from bulkfoods.com... but thats still .32 an ounce. So assuming I make that recipe, its 2.50 for the tartar alone per batch, and it only makes 18oz or 4 bars. Yikes! So.. I dont know whether its worth it to make them or not. Personally, I thought they did basically what my bath bombs do.. minus the salt. So it might be worth trying the recipe without the tartar, and then with it.. and seeing if there is enough difference in the two to decide whether its totally necessary or not

Thank you all for your answer. I have the pvs recipe just never got around to trying it yet. I have a few ideas rolling around in my head, just needed to know the consistancy of these bad boys.

Not only is the cream of tarter a killer for priceing but the slsa is too.

I searched and found cream of tarter. Heres the link

http://www.thevintnervault.com/index.php?category_id=12&p=view_category

5lbs = $15.49 they are in CA dont know if there is a minimum order.

Thanx again:)

not sure!! I've been hunting for good values on it and the best I could fine was a 5 pound bag for 26.16 from bulkfoods.com... but thats still .32 an ounce. So assuming I make that recipe, its 2.50 for the tartar alone per batch, and it only makes 18oz or 4 bars. Yikes! So.. I dont know whether its worth it to make them or not. Personally, I thought they did basically what my bath bombs do.. minus the salt. So it might be worth trying the recipe without the tartar, and then with it.. and seeing if there is enough difference in the two to decide whether its totally necessary or not

I hear you on the coat per batch . I suck at bath bombs , big time . Cream of tarter here in the stores is 11.42 for a couple ounces , I would have to buy at least 2 :shocked2: I think I will try without it . Cream of tarter might be a good coop idea though .

I hear you on the coat per batch . I suck at bath bombs , big time . Cream of tarter here in the stores is 11.42 for a couple ounces , I would have to buy at least 2 :shocked2: I think I will try without it . Cream of tarter might be a good coop idea though .

Good idea... I think I am going to make some this next week, see how I like them, post my results, and see if there are people interested in a co-op. If so I would be willing to buy a bunch up, they would be a nice thing to offer along with my soaps and bombs!

Edited by LuminousBoutique

a great place to get slsa is on ebay from Arkie Annie

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sodium-Lauryl-Sulfoacetate-BUBBLE-MAGIC-Flake-5-Lb_W0QQitemZ350242806515QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518c191af3

buying it in the flakes is so much better than the powder! the powder is awful if you accidentally inhale it...arkie-annie also sells citric acid and vegetable glycerin at great prices...he always combines shipping too and will give you shipping prices on ups as well as usps

the recipe that we use calls for cream of tartar, but its so pricey...we substitute cornstarch straight across...this is the recipe we use:

1/3 cup cornstarch

1 cup baking soda

1 cup slsa

1/3 cup liquid glycerin (we use vegetable glycerin)

colorant &/or mica

fragrance oil OR essential oil (60 drops f.o. OR 18 drops e.o. - this can vary slightly based on the type of essential oils being used (cinnamon uses less)

makes 18 oz ( 12 1oz minis OR 4 6oz large)

hope this helps!!

Thanx Getcha, but shes about $11.00 higher than what I am used to paying.

Butterfly, I was thinking that exact thing, no cr of tartar. Have you tried the lush B.bars and the other recipes to compare? Could you share your experience? NOT YOUR RECIPE...JUST your experience, Lush vs. others.

I was thinking of using my bubble bomb recipe but just adding a little more peg oil.

Edited by Lisasoaps
edited to say her citric acid is about $65.00 more than what I am used to paying also. Thats w/ the shipping included.