Cream Soap Stages

Teercreations

geez seven posts in one day on one of my threads....wowzers. Ok Bun Bun everytime I do a snowdrift farm recipe it never ever comes out like it says it should. I don't know if my method and their method is totally different or what.....My last batch after I cooked it and let it sit a month....which actually was this batch ....it was liquid after a week (after I learned I should have left it alone and didnt add as much water after the cook and let it relax more). It made a great pump liquid soap and a good facial soap for when I take my makeup off in the mornings and night.

The thing is that cream soap is so different for everyone...just because of the different methods everyone uses. You can double pot on the stove (double boiler), large and small crockpots (which everyone has different capacities and heat temps).

I dont feel comfortable with the snowdrift farm method and packaging right away. I usually let me soap rest and relax for at least a week. I may use it before then but I dont sell it at all until I know the Ph level of the soap and made sure its a nice whipped soap. As I said I have never been able to get a snowdrift farm recipe to work to my liking. I may just be picky though for what I want.

I prefer the soulgazersundries.com cream soap calculator....its more in line with Catherine Failors method of cream soaping IMHO. If you want to learn more about Cream soaps....Join the yahoo forum on creamsoaping and read some of the posts there. That is what I did and have asked Q after Q just to figure some of this out....plus shipping out my results to get peoples opinions on what I actually made.

I dont know if this actually answers your question or if it just adds to it. Let me know and I will figure something out.

Pam

I don't know girl.. I don't like making things that make me feel stupid.. And cream soap sure has accomplished that. Will join the yahoo group as you suggested right after I get this clump of hair off my head that I just pulled out.

I'm guessing my little ph strips aren't good enough huh...lol

Girl you crack me up.....I know you need Phenolphthalein to make sure the soap is no too akaline and is neutral enough to use. I want to say the ph strips will work later on to see if the soap has relaxed enough....Don't really worry about feeling stupid because there is not alot of info on making cream soap. Its not like cold process soap making in that as long as you get some kind of trace the soap will be soap. I think the reason cream soap making is so much of a try and try again method is that you are using two different kinds of lye and depending on how much of each you use will determine how liquid and how thick your soap becomes......plus with each new ingredient makes the soap something else (where you would have to factor in their properties of course to make it really very confusing). I have now about 2 years under my belt and I still get confused....especiallly trying to figure out what made this batch so special but this here batch is just ok. Sorry I know I am not much help......but I was right where you are when I jumped in headfirst!

Pam