Oooopps

Tess

Okay I need ya'lls noses. Whenever I make Peaks Fruit SLices i always smell a fuely smell. So I add a hint of vanilla. I recently sent out 2 cases of the stuff to a wholesaler,and forgot the vanilla :shocked2: . So my question is, am I just paranoid or have candlenose, or do ya'll have to add vanilla too. I am hoping I do not have to call him and tell him to pull these. How embarassing.

I know the smell you're talking about...I got it with Christmas Thyme...not in the wax melts or wickless, just in the wicked jar. How can this be? It has to be the FO, there's no petroleum in soy.

What is up with that anyway? Thought it was me.

I'm glad you posted this

Waaaahhhh. It is a j223/beeswax blend. I am burning one now to see if the sweetness of the BW will help. I hope DH's nose is working today :embarasse

Hi Tess,,I have used it with the J223 with no fuel smell @ all but it was horrible in the 4786,,,HTH:highfive:

One of my favorite scents is fruit slices from Lone Star. I haven't had issues with any odd smells while using this one. I suppose you could always try the Lone Star version (sorry Peaks).

By the way, it seems that all of you are using these fancy-sounding waxes...like IGI 4361 or J220 or C-3P0, etc. I just use something called Yaley Premium Wax (which, for the sake of sounding cool like the rest of you, I will call XG467). I tried some IGI votive wax a few years back and just didn't like how it behaved. However, I have had great results with the XG467...and with a 40% off coupon from Michael's it is just 0.95/lb (after Tennessee's insane sales tax is figured in). I assume that's comparable to the others, once you add in shipping charges for online wax purchases.