UPS and Fed Ex shipping

Lorrie

I go with USPS.For some reason when I asked for a estimate with UPS it was double or more than a year ago for the same weight.I couldn't ship a big order for that.

USPS is going up but UPS $14.00 higher in 1 month.Outrageous. :rolleyes2

This is starting to worry me with online orders for ALL of us. People will not pay it. :shocked2:

LynnS

My UPS rates were higher until I applied for a shipper account. Don't know about where you are but I was able to get one with a daily pick-up even though I don't have daily pick-ups. I just call the automated 800 number the night before and set up the pick-up.

I haven't noticed any of mine going up even though I got an email from UPS and they are increasing rates next year.

Edited by grama

I have a shipper account with FedEx and my rates aren't going up. I've used them alot for Christmas orders. My account gets me discounts, and when I can ship to Virginia from Nevada on Thursday(ground) and have them delivered Tuesday afternoon, I think their service is improving!:thumbsup:

the flat rate boxes help with large orders but it cost me 6.40 at USPS to ship ONE candle the other day, she only paid me 4.00 because thats what the calculator told me to charge. I was peeved.

On the plus side, I just shipped 12 candles to my family in Washington in the large rectangular flat rate box. The box the jars came in from Peak slips right into the flat rate box! Perfection! She told me without using a flat rate it would have cost $38.00 to ship the 12 candles. Instead, it was $12!

the flat rate boxes help with large orders but it cost me 6.40 at USPS to ship ONE candle the other day, she only paid me 4.00 because thats what the calculator told me to charge. I was peeved.

On the plus side, I just shipped 12 candles to my family in Washington in the large rectangular flat rate box. The box the jars came in from Peak slips right into the flat rate box! Perfection! She told me without using a flat rate it would have cost $38.00 to ship the 12 candles. Instead, it was $12!

There are no flat rate boxes that ship for $4. The lowest or small flat rate box ships at $4.95. Plus no way can you get a candle in the small box.

Be careful you use a flat rate box for flat rate shipping. There are Priority mail boxes and Flat Rate Priority mail boxes.

Edited by Candybee

There are no flat rate boxes that ship for $4. The lowest or small flat rate box ships at $4.95. Plus no way can you get a candle in the small box.

Be careful you use a flat rate box for flat rate shipping. There are Priority mail boxes and Flat Rate Priority mail boxes.

.... I know, I wasnt saying that I charged her $4.00 for the flat rate.. I charged her to ship it parcel post, it in bubble wrap and a bubble envelope like I always have.. but I havent shipped a candle in over a year, so I undercharged her. It cost me 6.40 instead of the 3.85 it used to. If I had used a flat rate it would have had to been shipped in the medium which is 9.85 so I actually saved money.. but still screwed myself out of $2.50.

I use the flat rate boxes every day for my husbands Ebay business.. so I'm aware of the prices and how it can help. I just knew there wasnt a box that was appropriate for one candle, and assumed prices couldnt have gone up that much in a year.