Product Liability Insurance

Glaize Creek

First I want to thank everyone that was so helpful yesterday with advise about my question about stupid customers. It has been a wake up call to say the least.

I have been looking around for product liabilty insurance to cover us in the event of a possible lawsuit. The quotes I am getting are almost too high to be worth continueing to sell my candles. This is very dis-heartening as we love making our candles and thought we had a good, safe product that everyone could enjoy. This recent awakening that our life could be turned upside down because of stupid people not reading and following simple instrutions has really brought our dreams to a hault. I have gotten 2 quotes from different insurance companies and they are $1600 and $3400 annually for product liabilty insurance. Does this sound normal? Does anyone know of a good company that specializes in this?

Thanks in advance

Mike

I believe if you do a search in the Business Side of Things thread, you will find tons of info as this subject has been discussed at length and alot of times....

HTH

Good Luck!

Carrie

:laugh2:Ok, I thought I saw this post in Vegetable Candlemaking, and I was right! Mods must have moved it! Thought I was sniffing too many candles! LOL

Try your auto insurance company too.

SOunds as though you guys have to pay heaps for your insurance. We have recently taken our poilcy out for both public liability & product liability and it cam in at $275 for the year to cover us for 10 million. Cant complain about that cost for peace of mind.

Its a real sad world when you have to insure yourself against other peoples stupidity!

I don't know where you live, but I get mine through Benchmark insurance. They cover the Ohio and PA areas, and maybe some other states as well. It is around $300 a year and covers liability and also has product coverage for damages and such. It is perfect for a small candle company like mine.

SOunds as though you guys have to pay heaps for your insurance. We have recently taken our poilcy out for both public liability & product liability and it cam in at $275 for the year to cover us for 10 million. Cant complain about that cost for peace of mind.

Its a real sad world when you have to insure yourself against other peoples stupidity!

10 Million ?

I could burn the whole state of Alabama and not do that much damage.

When Katrina came through, it did $5 million worth of improvements, here.