Tarts Dredged In Spices - Can They Be Used?

Shirlee

First of all, let me apologize for asking so many questions. I am totally new to all of this & feel bad that I'm asking so much & contributing so little :sad2: However, one of these days perhaps I, too, will be able to help others :smiley2:

I am going to make some tarts this afternoon & try my hand at dredging them in a spice mixture. Can I actually put these tarts in my tart burner & melt them, or is this dredging something you do to tarts just "for show?" I really like the look.

Blessings,

Shirlee

First of all, let me apologize for asking so many questions. I am totally new to all of this & feel bad that I'm asking so much & contributing so little :sad2: However, one of these days perhaps I, too, will be able to help others :smiley2:

I am going to make some tarts this afternoon & try my hand at dredging them in a spice mixture. Can I actually put these tarts in my tart burner & melt them, or is this dredging something you do to tarts just "for show?" I really like the look.

Blessings,

Shirlee

I don't see why not, you cook with spices all the time. Now burning them might cause some problems. Depending on what they are. JMHO

Since we cook with these types of spices, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, etc... don't they mix in and somewhat dissolve? I wouldn't drown them in it, but more "sprinkle lightly". I wouldn't think these would not skorch (I can't figure out the spelling), but I would maybe try one (1) in a tart burner/warmer and see how it does....and watch it....:shocked2:

Alot of the grubby jars are smeared with a glue/ground cinnamon/nutmeg mix and while burning the candle, the jar isn't smoldering....maybe it would work....try it!

Interesting.......