Bear.. looks ok but not strong scent

I done this bear this morning, he looks ok but there is not a strong smell, i used strawberry fo, 1 oz per lb of wax, could i inject it with some more fo and get a stronger smell or does bears have to cure like candles ? :rolleyes2 i used ky perfectblend wax. first one i done and i'm not happy with him.:sad2:

post-257-139458386659_thumb.jpg

i got wax left so i can add more fo to it before i do another bear, but i guess this one is a lost cause .. yet a lesson learnt. i might have squeezed him to hard, he isn't heavy at all and wax is a tad soft but i did squeeze & twist him good now i got a mess to clean up, i think i have wax on everything in my kitchen LOL! and boy this bear was hot to handle even with rubber gloves.

I too think strawberry is a light scent, on the lighter ones, I just up the scent some. Bag it it up for a few days and then see what you think. Yes, the wax is very hot..I try to let mine sit for a few minutes to cool before dipping, but it is still hot. Oh and what a mess they do make, but I think they are fun to do, I usually fluff them out when I get them dipped and let them sit then take my heat gun and finish it off. I think yours looks good.

Glad you got your color block too..hope it got to ya in one piece.

Yes strawberry is light scent , i should have done him in red hot cinnamon or a strong fo. i'm going add another ounce to the wax i have in there and do the other bear since i already have a mess made, only have these 2 bears to play around with, got them new with tags on them at flea market this summer, just to try dipping them. Terri the block got here safe, thank you for going thru the trouble of sending it,

You may be able to redip him. I haven't tried this though, just thinking outloud here. If your pot of wax is good and hotand you let him sit in it a bit and squish him around, he's likely to melt some and the old wax mix with the newer, more scented wax. It wouldn't be the same as all strong wax, but it should improve it some. I don't squeeze every drop of wax out of mine. There usually enough to settle in their rear end and still keep all their fur stiff when cool. Another thing... the hotter the wax it, the more that will drain out. I find that if I dip them just a bit cooler, it doesn't burn the hands as much and more wax stays in the bears.

Yes strawberry is light.

I made a mulberry bear last year and it is still in the cello bag.I can smell it through the bag.I am sure it is the scent.Also use the harder wax(not soy) mine flaked with that.You did just make it so maybe let it cure.See how that goes.

LynnS

Well i think its just the scent, too light. dipped the other one in wax after adding another ounce, still not strong. at least i know i can make these bears just different fo next time. Lynn the wax done fine , no flakes and his fur is a little stiff.. yet soft and he does look undipped not stiff, just the light fo i used. Ducky i thought i was supposed to squeeze out as much of the wax as i could to keep the bear from being so heavy and to fluff his fur better ? he does have plenty dropped down in his butt , its flat. Christina , i don't know if these will sell around here either .. is why i got only 2 of them. thanks all . i;m going wrap him up they check in about a week, if no strong smell, he will be christmas decoration, i'll put cinnamon pine cones or something around him.