Homemade Hand sanitizer

msalex28a

• 2 weeks later...

I forget the percentage of alcohol needed, but I want to say it is around 63%. I used to use a hand sanitizer recipe that was 50/50 and was able to test it and not grow anything. (being a lab tech has its benefits...:cheesy2:) I would not recommend going 50/50 alcohol/aloe though. With MRSA and other stronger bacteria out there, better safe than sorry! So I would go with 63% everclear (or hundred proof vodka) and 37% aloe vera gel. (To that you can add a few drops of fragrance) Honestly, it is probably cheaper and safer to just buy it in a store though, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken, it is now illegal to sell product with Everclear or vodka in it. I would recommend purchasing the base from a place like Bittercreek because it has been tested to be mixed with a certain percentage of fragrance oils to ensure it remains safe. I've been selling it for a few years now and it is top notch.

If I'm not mistaken, it is now illegal to sell product with Everclear or vodka in it. I would recommend purchasing the base from a place like Bittercreek because it has been tested to be mixed with a certain percentage of fragrance oils to ensure it remains safe. I've been selling it for a few years now and it is top notch.

Yes, I forgot to mention that! I assumed you wanted it for personal use. That's what I get for assuming! LOL :smiley2: