Soy wax question?

I am wanting to try my hand at soy candles only for myself. I have done single pour j50 and straight parrafin. I mostly do jar candles. The place I get wax is a candle supply place in Ohio. But she will not reveal what wax it is and calls it her blend. It's called Homegrown Blend SOYCB What I would like to know is the manufacture and more about it. I don't really think she has it special made because she is not that big of a supplier. I ask if it was pure 100% soy she said yes but I am having my doubts about it. What is your take on this situation? It is flakes or granuals, kinda clumps togeather when you squeeze it. As I said I really have not used soy before and would love to start using it because it is a cleaner burn for sure.

Any help or assistance would be appreciated. You can e-mail me to at

cabinlite@embarqmail.com or just answer here.

Candlegranny

The supplier is At Wix End. It looks like it might be Gateway where she gets it but it has no numbers to check, just her own slip of paper for the instructions. It would be nice to know what it is in case I would like to try some other brand and have to order it from a supplier. I don't want to get the same thing as she has should I not like how it preforms and burns in my applications. Thanks to all who responded and if anybody else has any info or thoughts, commments I would appreciate them also.

Thanks again, Candlegranny

Thanks Stella1952,

I plan on trying more soy wax to find the one I like working with. I just wonder why people won't reveal there brand to the customers who buy it so they can gain the best knowledge to work with that particular wax. It's hard to ask for help with problems when your not sure exactly what wax you may be using and this is a local supplier that I can drive to, to save on shipping cost. Trial & Error is the name of the game with making candles and test, test, test.

Do you have any suffestions which to use of the Golden Brands I want a one pour if possible, I like the tops smooth but the flakey look doesn't bother me either. Any suggestions on which wax would be appreciated.

Candlegranny

Edited by Candlegranny

Can't answer your question on the homegrown blend from at wix end but I do order my votive/pillar soy from at wix end and it has the feathery look like palm wax so I'm not sure if that's what it is or not. I've never really thought about what kind/brand of wax it really is. I just pour it and like the results I get so I go with it. I never purchased a pillar soy from anyplace else so I guess I wouldn't be aware if there was a difference.

Edited by chiptooth