Craft Shows?

dcroome2005

There was a thread on this one time but for the life of me I can't remember what the name of it was to help you search for it

I do remember that thread made me think of something and I went to my state's government website - In the search box I typed in "Festival" and it brought up 10 pages of links - Typed in "Craft Show" and it brought up about the same - Many of these festivals, etc have their own web site which is linked and has all details including contact info

All links won't be relavant of course, but this is one way to find a few in the particular area that you would be interested in

hth

The best thing for you to do is to call your chamber of commerce. They can tell you what is going on locally. Also call the chambers in any towns you might be interested in. Keep an eye out for billboards in your area. And go to shows and ask the vendors what other shows they do. I use some of those craft show looker uppers but they only show listings of the shows they know of. 80% of the shows I do, have never shown up in my listings. So I wouldnt pay a cent for anything like that. Craftlister is free for basic. Stick to that. In my experience vendor word of mouth is the best. Besides they can tell you if it is worth going to or not, and give you a heads up on set up and things like that. HTH :grin2:

Yeah, I remember that thread a long time ago, lol....I think it was me. I had no idea where to find that info, either, and someone gave me big help. Anyways, you can go to whatever state you are interested in attending shows in, and go to their department of tourism.

For instance, I live in Ohio, and I can get my info at www.discoverohio.com

Just go to Google or whatever search engine you prefer, and search your state's department of tourism, and when you find a good site, you can try different search terms on it to find what you are looking for....

Some good ones are....festival, crafts, fair, etc.

Hope that helps :)

Craft shows in my area are always advertised in the paper.So many you don't know which to choose.There are booster club craft shows, town shows, churches, non profit groups.So many.I check the paper but one time I looked in the area I live.I posted the biggest town and searched Craft shows in the area.Mentioned the largest town I am close to.

Shows are winding down now but there are a few in the spring.Even some of the schools and churches do them.I am signed up for one in May.They were full last year but she is sending me the info this coming year.I will do that one and get some spring scents and items out.I don't do great for the work but do get out and have my business card and every sale helps to get more maybe next year.Some of the people who buy are 25 miles away so ususally don't get re-orders.I want a website so they can look around and order.One of my friends comes to a town close to her(when I do sales)and buys more.She is 50 miles away but loves my candles and wants more all the time.

LynnS