Oddest Soap Addition?

CibariaSoapSupply

I've been seeing some really crazy trends lately when it comes to soap. All kinds of new shapes, sizes, and types. One of the biggest things I've seen is the addition of an ingredient in the soap, such as an exfoliant or some type of additional aesthetic ingredient into the soap.

Some of the things I've seen include Thyme, Berries, leaves, various herbs/spices, and espresso beans.

What are some of the additions you've seen.... and the oddest?

sold? not that I'm aware of. but some think it's a beautiful thing for the mother and baby (for the mom to make herself or receive as a gift made with her own milk). it doesn't work for me, but some really find it special.

That is just weird, but I guess I can understand a mother making soap to use on her baby with her own milk. If you drink it, why not wash with it.:wink2:

Well, I soaped homegrown tomato puree and a local veggie stand cornsilk. I'll have to admit eyeing some leftover mashed potatoes, but decided to pass on that.

Just thought of another addition to soapmaking - soymilk coffee creamer. It added a nice finish to the lather. :)

Edited by LindaColo
added note about creamer.

I did pumpkin and it smelled great. A friend said she showed someone the ingredients list and they said it sounded more like a snack with pumpkin, honey and brown sugar. lol

Tomatoes. . .have to remember that one.

Breast Milk...um...I still think people selling it on ebay is odd so to go to buy soap and it's in there....ewww. Just don't go there.