Help Dead Printer...

candlegrl

My computer went out last week just as I needed to label some candles that would have sold.I was so ticked.

We got one that is not expensive but working pretty good.Got it at Office Max

It is a HP Officejet 6500. I love it because it prints fast but the warming up takes some time.The only problem this printer spits out fast BUT there is no way to catch them.I have to wait to get the labels or anything else I print before they end up on the floor.We are going to rig up something to stop that.

Just what we got but will have to work.Such a bear when this happens at the busiest time and I know how you feel.

So I guess I can't have the best of both worlds since the old one lasted for almost 9 years but was always slow. This is fast but have to catch what I print. When you are desperate you deal with anything.

LynnS

After my HP2600n bit the dust, I went to Walmart and bought the HP Officejet J4540 All-in-One. I really like it, $99 bucks! Prints my labels just fine, just have to remember when ordering "other" types of labels to get Inkjet labels....won't work on labels that require Laserjet...they will smear like heck! Really....

And ink cartridges are cheaper on ebay than in the office supply stores or Walmart.

eBay is my friend when it comes to printer supplies.

Carie

I have two Epson Stylus' (CX6000 and CX3810). Between the two of them, I always have a printer (or two). They are less expensive than a laser, but WillowBoo is right about the hot versus cold if that is an issue. I like the Epson because they have lasted a long time (over three years and counting), and each ink color is separate (others now have that too). I can get ink cartridges from acbink or clickinks for under $5 each.

We just recently replaced our HP due to issues with printing our labels. We went with this one

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10993532

We changed to the printer, because the printing path is down and out, compared to the HP in which the paper goes up and over then out. The problem with the HP's is that the label page is thicker than normal paper so it kept moving while printing. With the Lexmark, it has done very well, especially with printing labels.

Just a suggestion..

I am sick of my laser :( I am headed out for a new printer! What is the best to get? I am done with lasers.

Thanks everyone :)

I have a Canon inkjet that I like a lot better than the HP inkjet I bought years ago. I had been debating switch to laser though, partly because of smudge issues mentioned. I am wondering what it is about lasers that you don't like, that makes you want to switch? May keep me from spending a bunch of money I should not spend!

Thanks

Right after my HP died about an hour later this guy walks in my shop - I told him about it. He had an almost new Canon in his trunk. Traded him for some candles. I love it! Can't remember what model but it's a photo all in one

wow, talk about an instant blessing from the man above. great story

I bought an HP printer that just prints, I had an all in one but it wasn't doing a great job. I kept it in case I need to copy or scan. The HP has the seperate ink 5 in total plus the larger black. seems good! The poster who has the paper spit out, are you on a quick print setting? I find when mine is it scares me half to death! It seems to grab the paper print and then spit it out in about 2 seconds.