What Happened????????????????

Rae

This soap was done in Peak's Purely Peppermint, colored with Snowdrift's FD & C Red #40. I swirled in the bowl and poured into log mold. There was color throughout the mold. I put the log on posts so air could get around it and did not cover the mold in hope the trees would not sink. Well, the trees did not sink, but the color is gone in the soap. The only color is on top, bottom and the sides. Can anyone guess as to what happened other than the soap fairies are at my home? Thanks for any help!

Rae

post-8039-139458457632_thumb.jpg

Billie, you are sweet, but let's face it, swirls with no color isn't very pretty. Guess we can ad this batch to the many others that are just for friends, family and us to bathe with. I am going to try it again. I sure hate wasting all these oils.

Rae

Aww. What a cute idea and soap. It still looks good.

Thanks, Soapbuddy! I would be okay with it being white if it didn't have the swirl marks in the white that was supposed to be red. At first I thought it was lye and then realized it wasn't. I just made another one that is a brighter red and we will see how it comes out when I take it out tomorrow.

I think you are too hard on yourself. I think it's pretty and I like it!