Customer bought all my candles today

Candybee

At my craft show today the amish baker two booths down came up to me to buy some candles. Liked them so much she bought the whole display-- including the risers! Turns out she has a store in PA and wanted to stock up enough candles for her shop. Haha! I asked her how many she wanted and she said all of them!!:shocked2: So I sold the whole lot to her.

That ever happen to anyone else?!! It was a good day at the craft show. I wonder what will happen tomorrow....

I did give her a discount. I gave her an offer, she counter offered, and I took it. I was expecting her to counter offer and it was in the range I wanted so it was a good deal for me.

She did ask for my contact info so she could keep in touch to possibly order more. I guess it will depend on if they sell well for her.

That was on Saturday. On Sunday a customer bought some soap and candles from me and asked if I wholesaled. So I told her I did and then she asked me if I would also be interested in teaching candle and soap making classes. I was of course very interested so I told her yes. She has a shop and wanted to start crafting classes in her community.

They both sound like great opportunities for me but I have found that people often forget about you after a show. So if they contact me great-- if not-- well I 'm not gonna hold my breath or lose sleep about it.

All in all it was a good show for me. Made some good money and saw a lot of repeat customers. The repeat customers are the ones that buy big! So I always love to see them again.

Edited by Candybee

• 2 months later...
I did give her a discount. I gave her an offer, she counter offered, and I took it. I was expecting her to counter offer and it was in the range I wanted so it was a good deal for me.

She did ask for my contact info so she could keep in touch to possibly order more. I guess it will depend on if they sell well for her.

That was on Saturday. On Sunday a customer bought some soap and candles from me and asked if I wholesaled. So I told her I did and then she asked me if I would also be interested in teaching candle and soap making classes. I was of course very interested so I told her yes. She has a shop and wanted to start crafting classes in her community.

They both sound like great opportunities for me but I have found that people often forget about you after a show. So if they contact me great-- if not-- well I 'm not gonna hold my breath or lose sleep about it.

All in all it was a good show for me. Made some good money and saw a lot of repeat customers. The repeat customers are the ones that buy big! So I always love to see them again.

Congrats on your sale. She will be back :)...

Edited by luisc