Lights for FM Booths

Jeana

When we use my tent while camping we just tie one of those lanterns so it hangs in the middle of the tent but high enough no one will hit their head on it and we have plenty of light. Works great. Another thing you can do if you have shelving that is dark is to use the small "puck" lights that are battery operated to add some light into dark areas and get rid of shadows. There are a few different sizes to choose from.

When we use my tent while camping we just tie one of those lanterns so it hangs in the middle of the tent but high enough no one will hit their head on it and we have plenty of light. Works great. Another thing you can do if you have shelving that is dark is to use the small "puck" lights that are battery operated to add some light into dark areas and get rid of shadows. There are a few different sizes to choose from.

Where do you get puck lights? How much are they?

I have 2 different sizes. I bought some little tealight sized ones that don't throw a ton of light but they are great for hiding behind taller stuff to brighten corners. I think they were a package of 6 or 8 for $5-10 at Target and some larger ones (4"??) that I got at either walmart or home depot pretty cheaply. I have seen them either with the flashlights or with the light bulbs/light fixtures. The tealight ones (or battery christmas light strings from Michaels) are also awesome for adding some sparkle in my Christmas garland that I spread on my shelves during the holidays.

So I saw something similar to this at one of my markets. You charge it and it is an energy source while you are away from home.

http://www.duracellpower.com/portable-power/power-packs/powerpack-450.aspx

The people I saw using it strung lights from it. It actually provided a really nice light, almost like tracked lighting in homes.

Since I typically try to do things as environmentally as I can, I went with this one. I ordered it today so I will see how it goes. http://www.earthtechproducts.com/p2655.html

I know what you mean. My canopy is burgandy so it gets dark fast. Especially with my side panel up.

Thats a cool idea Vicky. I have a blue canopy instead of a white one and on cloudy and overcast days it gets dark under my shelter tent. I often wanted to get lights but don't always have electricity.

I had a power inverter that I hooked up to a cheap car battery. It would run my cash register all day and then lights at night. I could use it for three day shows without losing juice. Then I would stick the car battery on a battery charger before each show. Can be a tad expensive, but if you typically pay for electricity at shows, it will pay for itself quickly.

So I went to the camping section of Target the other day and bought the cutest little battery operated tent lantern. Works good but the actual light is pretty dim. It was only $10 but I was surprised it wasn't brighter. I couldn't find any of those 'puck' lights so I am still looking.

I was looking at the beautiful Coleman lanterns at Target but the starting prices on those was $35 on up. Not ready to spend that on lighting nor do I want a keresene lamp.:(

Oooh that solar charger is really neat! I was going to suggest the Solar lights (they have christmas like ones) but this charger thing is even better :D

I found the solar pack for $125. I ran some tests and it powers three 60 watt lights for about 3 hours. I haven't put them in my canopy yet, so I don't know if I need three lights.

It takes way too long to charge with the solar option, so that didn't work out like I wanted. That is very disappointing. I just charge it from the wall. It is worth it to have one of these portable electric things though. I used it to have music in my tent all day at a morning market yesterday. I was using regular batteries but CD players really suck up batteries.

So I went to the camping section of Target the other day and bought the cutest little battery operated tent lantern. Works good but the actual light is pretty dim. It was only $10 but I was surprised it wasn't brighter. I couldn't find any of those 'puck' lights so I am still looking.

I was looking at the beautiful Coleman lanterns at Target but the starting prices on those was $35 on up. Not ready to spend that on lighting nor do I want a keresene lamp.:(

That is why I head for the nearest sporting goods store they usually have some really good stuff that is not name brand but comparable products for less money. I found at places like walmart's or target's knock offs really stink. Also sporting good store a lot of times will let you light something up to see if it what you want before you buy.