pillars and scents

Sorry if I post in the wrong place, I have a maybe silly question..

When you do pillars with more then one color, do you scent any color (with an appropriate combination color/scent) or do you use only scent for all colors?

And do you have a color always scented the same or not?

thanks!

Sabrina

When I make layered candles I usually scent each layer the same. You can scent them differently if you like but you want to make sure that the scents go together well first. Like you wouldn't want to have one layer scented hyacinth and another hot cocoa...it would smell terrible together. Try to combine similar scents to get the best results.

Like Fern said you want the scents to compliment each other. Sometimes I will make each layer a different fo and sometimes not. As I have said here before one of the great things about making your own candles is that you can do anything you want with color and fo.:grin2:

I do the same as Fern, but when you look through the gallery you will see many people use different FOs for different layers. The difficulty I had when I tried, was wicking. Coming up with a wick that burned the same for both FOs was a little trickier.