Where is Sweetcakes hiding?

Hi again. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Can hardly move, too full...so thought I'd sit at the computer for a minute. What I wondered is: awhile back there was a question about who you would like to buy scents from for soy. One mentioned alot was Sweetcakes. Do they have another name or? I tried a general search but couldn't find them. Just wanted to take a look. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. Beth

Good Morning and thanks Henry. Should have looked in google. Yahoo search gave me a variety of results and now today, it is the first on the list. Maybe I just missed it being so full and all...or maybe I spelled it wrong as some of the hits were shall we say, unsusal. :shocked2: Dah! So easy. :rolleyes2 Thanks. Beth

Hi again. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Can hardly move, too full...so thought I'd sit at the computer for a minute. What I wondered is: awhile back there was a question about who you would like to buy scents from for soy. One mentioned alot was Sweetcakes. Do they have another name or? I tried a general search but couldn't find them. Just wanted to take a look. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. Beth

Hi Beth,

I have been meaning to order from them lately, but have not finalized what I want to try from them. They are pricey but there are few on their site that catch my eye. I am going to give them a try. Let me know what you choose and how they are. I know for sure I am going to try their Chamomile. I will let you know how it goes for me.

I am full too. :tongue2: I just got done eating left overs -- an early dinner. I usually enjoy it more the next day because when you are the one cooking it is not as enjoyable while stressing getting everything done on time, etc. I feel really sleepy today. It is raining today and is suppose to snow tonight and it has been a good day to hibernate. However, I love wicked weather! I got the Christmas tree out and started it. I prelit it permanently myself a couple of years ago and today I noticed that two strands are each half working. :mad: I absolutely hate when this happens. I already checked the fuse and it is not that. So, I guess I have to take two strands off and restrand. What a pain! Especially, when you do it in a way where the wire is hidden, etc.

~Holly

I use about a 1 oz per pound, like most other FOs from other suppliers. However, I do notice that the throw is really outstanding, and I could probably get by with less, but I'm happy with what I'm getting with the 1 oz pp.

I do tend to stick with the $35 pp and under FOs from them, I just can't justify more for candles. However, I would consider splurging on the more spendy ones for B&B if I were attracted to their descriptions.

They have interesting products but you (and your wallet) are on your own testing them. These FOs are formulated and tested for B&B so YMMV. There's minimal info on the site regarding performance in candles and the owner doesn't make candles.

The scents are interesting but some will throw and some won't and some will throw but not smell great. Based on the price, you can draw the correct conclusion that these are high quality oils without a lot of filler, but I think some of the expense goes into a complex array of fragrance notes that may or may not benefit you in wax.

I've used lots from Sweetcakes for years and never had one that didn't do good in my candles or CP soap. Their flower FO's are the truest out there, along with their perfume dupes. I use the Chamomile in my soy/paraffin blend and get a great throw at 1 oz./lb. :cool2: