Candle Pollution Article on CNN last week....

"However, frequently lighting many candles in an unventilated space could lead to problems, and may aggravate asthma, cause allergy-like symptoms, or irritate the respiratory tract"

so does ragweed, pollen, dust, dander etc...who really cares! paraffing candles wont go away and people will not stop buying them:p

So don't spray Febreze (at least stick to one fragrance at a time) or use any household cleaners that take your breath away; while lighting multiple candles or you might explode? Does anyone really use a sulphur match to light stuff? Oh yeah, don't spray pesticides on your food when trying to kill flies or other flying insects.

If you're using scent in any candle and burning it, you've got pollutants, I imagine. And if you're burning a soy candle, where do you think the smoke goes? If there's concern, I wouldn't burn a scented candle, to start. Nor use any scented or chemical cleaners that you spray in the air. Or incense.

I think people are more aware of the concern over anything inhaled, whether it be the fumes from scented candles, cleaners, freshners, etc. In addition, there are more sensitivities due to allergies, too, and people are making (semi) educated decisions on what they use in the home. Surely there are people that won't burn candles, or stick to plug-ins, wickless, etc. and some just simply don't care. Or the in-betweens that have minimized their usage of burning scented products.

I wouldn't use that in a promotion for selling soy v parry, especially if you're using scented oils in the soy, but it is definitely something to be educated on and prepared to answer questions about if you are selling candles.

Just some random thoughts...I would be more concerned about the FO's that went into the candles then the wax..JMO

...and why do some soy candles makers call their candles "all natural" when they are scented with FO's which clearly are not all natural! :tiptoe:

Just some random thoughts...I would be more concerned about the FO's that went into the candles then the wax..JMO

...and why do some soy candles makers call their candles "all natural" when they are scented with FO's which clearly are not all natural! :tiptoe:

That's the million dollar question. Lie to the public to make more sales since the majority of people buying candles don't know this. Same as the age old triple scented sales pitch.

Paraffin wax is an hydrocarbon that comes from crude oil...

how can that be good to breathe?

There is nothing good about being around things like the FO's we use to make candles, the Febreeze, all the pesticide and fertilizer, all the household cleaners and all that good stuff that smells so nice and we can't live without.

All these things are chemicals many are belived to be carcinogens...

Yes, some people don't mind and will still buy the cheap Walmart "I don't know what's it in candle" made in China by people paid 5 cents a day but other people like to know what they are buying and try to reduce their exposure to chemicals.

Paraffin wax is an hydrocarbon that comes from crude oil...

how can that be good to breathe?

It's my guesss that you would be exposed to much more hydrocarbons just by walking outside or being around traffic with cars that burn fossil fuels then any candle would be capable of spewing out!