Essential by Catalin order

Candybee

So I took the plunge... and ordered the M&P special from the soap event. I actually ordered 60 lbs so I saved $60! Woohoo!!

All I can say is.. PrairieAnnie-- I hope you are right about this soap being so awful good! Anyway-- its such a great bargain I couldn't turn it down.

Plus-- starting next weekend and on thru December I have every weekend booked with shows so I need a ton of soap. 60 lbs should get me thru about 3-4 weeks before I need more.

So I took the plunge... and ordered the M&P special from the soap event. I actually ordered 60 lbs so I saved $60! Woohoo!!

All I can say is.. PrairieAnnie-- I hope you are right about this soap being so awful good! Anyway-- its such a great bargain I couldn't turn it down.

Plus-- starting next weekend and on thru December I have every weekend booked with shows so I need a ton of soap. 60 lbs should get me thru about 3-4 weeks before I need more.

You will love it!! :yay:

You will love it!! :yay:

I am already getting anxious for my soap order to be delivered. I already got an email that it was shipped yesterday by flat rate priority mail. Those usually take 2-3 shipping days according to the USPO-- even from California to Virginia.:yay:

do you mind posting what your total was (with shipping) for the 60 lbs.? I would like to compare it to what I'm paying now from a different supplier.

Three 20 lb white M&P blocks = $90

Postage to VA = $29.55

Its $9.85 per 20 lb block shipped in a Flat Rate USPS Priority Mailing box. I had mine delivered in 3 seperate boxes. If you do order be sure to read all the instructions for ordering and put in the check out comments box that you want the flat rate priority mail as its not an option during checkout. They recalculate the postage but only if you add that info in the comments section.

Three 20 lb white M&P blocks = $90

Postage to VA = $29.55

Its $9.85 per 20 lb block shipped in a Flat Rate USPS Priority Mailing box. I had mine delivered in 3 seperate boxes. If you do order be sure to read all the instructions for ordering and put in the check out comments box that you want the flat rate priority mail as its not an option during checkout. They recalculate the postage but only if you add that info in the comments section.

thanks! that's comparable to what I'm paying now. I tried their base and didn't find it to be any better than any others, so for a great deal I would have bought there again.

for 60 lbs. of what I get now to IN is $116.65 :)

Well I just made a big batch of soap today for this weekend's craft show. I used up almost 20 lbs of the white base I bought and added it to the leftover soap I remelted. So its mixed with my regular base.

I've got it cut up and drying out on my dining room table. I won't label and wrap it till it dries out overnight.

I am a little skeptical about this base. It is very soft. Softer than what I am used to. I added coconut oil and olive oil to help it harden. Will see if that is enough.

Also-- when it was melted in my meltor I could smell a faint odor. My regular base has no odor so I am a bit disappointed. However, the finished soap has none of that odor and smells as good as my regular finished soaps.

The other thing I noticed is that although it looks creamy white and opaque when it is melted and I start adding my colors and stuff it looks like I added a drop of brown soap dye to each batch I made. I am also disappointed in the discoloration of this base. However, again when I looked at the finished soap I don't see a discoloration and the colors look the same as my regular soap.

Once they have set up and hardened overnite I will test some to see how I like them. I am still somewhat skeptical as some batches didn't 'bubble up' while I was stirring them and pouring them in the mold. My regular soap base does that and it bubbles and lathers like crazy.

I remember PrairieAnne mentioning that this base is very forgiving and takes additives very well so I went ahead and put in the regular amounts of additives I normally use... and I like to use a lot!!

Edited by Candybee

Will keep you posted PA! They look awesome and smell terrific sitting on my dining table.... should take a photo I suppose....

Anyhoo.. I had to take some aspirin cause they are stinkin up my house (in a good way) and the fragrance is overwhelming me again:laugh2:

I am also disappointed in the discoloration of this base.

You'll freak out if/when you order clear base from them then! I did at least! I'm used to getting CLEAR base, and what I got from them was very, very blue/gray. When I questioned them on it, they sent me their "other" clear base, and it was very yellow. Very strange. They said for future orders to specify "which" clear base I wanted because I complained the blue did slightly weird things with some of my dye. I haven't bothered. What I get from Nature's Bouquet has a very slight tint to it, but nothing remotely to the degree of EBC.

So I tried a couple of soap bars to test out. NO LATHER!! I am really disappointed. Also, even thou the bars hardened overnight they were still soft enough this morning that I could 'flex' them.

My experience with this base is not a happy one for sure. I know many of you like it but its not for me.

It is a good price I'll give it that. Also, before I added any additives it seemed to soap rather nicely. But as far as I am concerned its not worth the price if I am not getting the quality of soap that I am accustomed to.:(

Before you give up take a pound or two and test adding other stuff. Try goats milk, shea butter and add some beeswax to help hardness. And a little Dr Bronner for bubbles. If you read through some of the threads you will get an idea of how much to add of each thing per pound. It will probably take some experimenting. And that's the fun part!

Before you give up take a pound or two and test adding other stuff. Try goats milk, shea butter and add some beeswax to help hardness. And a little Dr Bronner for bubbles. If you read through some of the threads you will get an idea of how much to add of each thing per pound. It will probably take some experimenting. And that's the fun part!

I did try additives. Thats the point. I have been making M&P soap for 4 years now and have tried many bases so I know what I am talking about.